Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you will of seen this quote from Sergio the Great but it bears repeating...

We are using Renegade as a working name for the upcoming small SUV, whose name, according to Sergio Marchionne, has not yet been chosen but will not be Renegade.
So where does that leave us?

As of right now the only concrete piece of information we do know is that the platform code is BU.

http://www.allpar.com/SUVs/jeep/renegade.html

·
Registered
953 Posts
Some people are calling it the Jeep Junior, but that is definitely not going to be the name. I don't even know of historical names they could bring back.

Hopefully they will find something other than some alphanumeric title for the car. Something that connects with Americana I hope.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think they should name it "Liberty", I always loved that name and it seems suitable for this new SUV of theirs
I think Liberty is a no no. most jeep people couldn't stand the liberty. And considering it was replaced by the cherokee using the name so soon after it was dropped and in a lower segment is going to confuse people.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Laredo would be interesting, its always been the lowest trim level on Jeeps. It would be fitting for the lowest entry level jeep to have that stamped on the back...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.