Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

The link above is where you can make a report regarding any serious faults. FCA have a proven track record of trying to get out of issuing recalls.

If enough of us report our problems, an investigation will happen which may force them to issue a recall.

An example of this is the coolant fan issue. A lot of peoples fans are failing after the warranty and are having to pay out of their own pocket for an issue that effects most renegades made before 2018. In some cases causing the renegade to catch fire. It's not acceptable!

So please file a report

·
Registered
173 Posts
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

The link above is where you can make a report regarding any serious faults. FCA have a proven track record of trying to get out of issuing recalls.

If enough of us report our problems, an investigation will happen which may force them to issue a recall.

An example of this is the coolant fan issue. A lot of peoples fans are failing after the warranty and are having to pay out of their own pocket for an issue that effects most renegades made before 2018. In some cases causing the renegade to catch fire. It's not acceptable!

So please file a report

What I think makes this recall worthy is that some are reporting the fan failing within their regular warranty. Which should not happen.

·
Registered
275 Posts
What I think makes this recall worthy is that some are reporting the fan failing within their regular warranty. Which should not happen.

Thank god mine started to shake and fail during the warranty. I only have 22,100 miles. I took it to the dealer this morning and they are swapping my fan for a new sturdier design for the low price of gratis .

·
Registered
10 Posts
2017 TH. 9500 miles.
On mornings below 60 degrees out, transmission slams into reverse the fist time when backing out of driveway. Only the first time. It's fine the rest of the day. If I rev it a couple of times or turn the steering wheel a little, it won't do it. But sometimes I forget. And man, it's LOUD. Dealer, No problem found. It's a lease, I only have a few more months. Then I see Asian cars in my future.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Everyone,
Oil Consumption Inspection 2015 2.4L recall W80
I got mine to the dealership even though I run AMSOIL, I was asked about oil loss in 1500-1700 miles, and has it been below the add line upon checking. I have 117K on it and beat the hell out of it as an everyday driver and some months it drops a little over 3 mos. So a UV dye kit was put in the oil and they marked all the drain plugs, filter, fill cap, and dipstick with a UV marker to make sure no tampering over the next 1500 miles. If below add line it's a New engine per Jeep. At least I will get a nice loaner for a week or two unless it takes longer with parts issues. And I get another 5yr/100K on the new engine. No sweat off my Renegade! Always change your OIL.

·
Registered
2017 jeep renegade
35 Posts
File a Vehicle Safety Complaint | Safercar.gov | NHTSA

So please file a report
Mine is bad and the dealer said mine is in the recall vin break whitch is dumb as hell. I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay for it it's either bad or it's not. It's a 2017 with 34,000 on it. Dodge never ever stood behind any thing they have sold. So why change now.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Mine is bad and the dealer said mine is in the recall vin break whitch is dumb as hell. I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay for it it's either bad or it's not. It's a 2017 with 34,000 on it. Dodge never ever stood behind any thing they have sold. So why change now.
Hi Fun times,
Can you send us a message with your VIN and dealer info? We would like to look into this for you.

Rob
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2017 jeep renegade
35 Posts
Greetings,
We have not received your PM yet.

Rob
Jeep Cares
So pretty much the same help as a dealer. So I'm screwed by dodge again. They have been just like this since 1973 when my dad bought his last dodge and always told me never buy one they don't stand behind anything they throw to gather and call a car. Dependable MY ASS.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
So pretty much the same help as a dealer. So I'm screwed by dodge again. They have been just like this since 1973 when my dad bought his last dodge and always told me never buy one they don't stand behind anything they throw to gather and call a car. Dependable MY ASS.
Can you send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info? We would like to look into this for you.

Rob
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2017 jeep renegade
35 Posts
WELL. It's been 3 months and nothing. All i get is send me your number, vin, dealer info. I have done this several times. Still just crickets. I really think the crickets care far more than ( JEEP CARES.) Is jeep cares a real thing? Wait for it wait for it. Nope they don't know the meaning of the word care. Solong to this dodge/ Jeep junk can't get rid of it fast enough. Probably just gonna take and park it back at the junkyard called jeep dealer and let the bank deal with them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts