Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get a replacement windshield for over a month. Involving the "expediting team" at FCA Canada has only seemed to make the problem WORSE! Really makes me question my decision to purchase this vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
FCA keeps their supply chains shallow. This is something that should be considered whenever buying an FCA product. Parts are not necessarily readily at hand and you WILL wait longer to get them than with other brands.

We've got a lightweight windshield that is more upright than most, which means more broken ones form road debris strikes. Then you have the shallow inventory. Then you have the fact that they keep selling more, which means that we are competing with the factory for the inventory ordered ahead of time. THEN you add in that the windshields are different depending on options, and some windshields are REALLY out of stock, while others can be had with a little patience.

·
Registered
519 Posts
The sensor to turn on the wipers when it is raining? I thought that was behind the windshield. I wonder if you can save money buy ordering the windshield without sensor and just turn on your own wipers when necessary. If it is a matter of paying 350.00 vs 1000.00 I would do without. I don't think the sensor is all that sensitive anyway.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Part of some peoples supply issue is that depending on options, the blacked out portion has different clear areas for the various sensors. So some configs become harder to get because the version they need is in shorter supply.

If they were glued in and went with the windshield, I could see a grand for one with collision avoidance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.