Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello! i have 2018 Jeep Renegade Latitude with 30,632 miles on it. it drove fine sunday morning, parked it for a few hours and it wouldn’t start, everyone has said it shouldn’t be a battery issue and ETC light came on as well as engine light. it tried to crank and just wouldn’t. FLASHFORWARD TO TODAY. tow truck came to get my car and car started right up after not starting for a couple days. went and had the voltage tested at my local O’Reilly and battery, alternator, and starter all read fine. drove the car for well over an hour. only difference i noticed was the battery voltage reader in the vehicle info tab was reading 15.6 at times rather than the regular 14.8 it always sits at. only changed to 15.6 once after having the battery tested. O’Reilly recommended i don’t waste money on a battery unless it dies again due to it reading fine during their test. CAR THEN SITS FOR 3 HOURS. would not crank, AGAIN! had my mechanic buddy come out and diag the car with a Max 3 and NOCO. battery is 100% fine. ran codes a few times and it has been decided that the ECM crapped out. car threw multiple codes that all related back to code U1701-8F - ECM - FAULTY, so off to Jeep my renegade will go to get a nice new ECM at no cost to me (hopefully).

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS ISSUE BEFORE?

Product Font Biome Line Material property

1 - 1 of 1 Posts