Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are getting a new vehicle in the next month or two, and the Renegade is climbing up the list of our choices.

Not sure we will buy one, but I decided to join the forum and read posts here to try to learn more about it.

· Registered
201 Posts
Welcome aboard! This is a good place to learn and ask questions. I will say this though... you will find a fair amount of posts where people talk about Renegade problems. While this has the potential to make this vehicle sounds like a lemon, keep in mind people with no problems rarely post about it. So its really like putting a megaphone on those who have had issues. Now, it seems most problems surfaced with the early batches of Renegades out of the factory. Ive seen fewer and fewer issues as months have gone by, which is great.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Greetings and welcome to the forums. I ordered mine in Oct, so I am still 'waiting', but I sat in over 50 cars before making my decision. I am curious what your other top picks are?
In order: CX-3, Renegade, HR-V, Juke, Soul.

Ruled out: Encore (too expensive), Trax (just looks really cheap to me), Fiat 500 (like the Renegade Better)

We are looking for this to be our 'second' car, but the one I do the most driving in for my job (30,000+ miles per year), so it is a balance between an upright seating position (which I like) and the best mileage possible.

· Registered
56 Posts
So, driving. Lots of driving.

The obvious advantage to a Renegade is the fun "Jeep" stuff, which I think you will find a great many of us on this forum endorse .. or do .. or plan to do.

Without that 'need' to do Jeep stuff, your just comparing commuter boxes. And 30k a year is a LOT of commuting. Gas millage gets you into the 'class', so next would be the comfort factor. Sorry to say it, but if I was to spend that much time a year in a seat, that would be my number one factor. At 30k miles a year I would be test driving anything built by Lazyboy.

I did like the Buick, was quiet and felt very comfortable inside, but it was so boring I would need high doses of Zoloft to drive one. The Fiat was a tad small for me, but I am stupid tall, and big. If you're normal sized, that one felt similar (upright) in cabin comfort, but came with 40mpg. Sit in one of those again, this time close your eyes and try not to look at it. The CX-3 did get some recent accolades, but was just way too small for me.

The Renegade is fun, it has loads of personality which can not be measured by the stats. Look at it's big brother, no one ever accused a Wrangler owner of making an intelligent logical decision, but they are cool as ^&*@. Renegade has a touch of it's big brothers rebellious side, and so does it owners. Good Luck to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.