Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if once the back of the Renegade is jacked up with a floor jack, is there anyplace to put a jack stand on each side? I want to jack up both sides on the back and put it on 2 jack stands, but not sure if there are good spots to place them. On other vehicles I usually put the jack stands under the axle but not sure if this is good to do with the Renegade.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
845 Posts
I did it when installing the trailer hitch kit. I put the jack stands on the trailing arm mounts (just forward of the wheel). They have a beefy base mounted to the chassis. I never felt the car wobble once while wrestling with the bumpers.
I always use sheet rubber to protect the paint where the jack stands contact the car.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did it when installing the trailer hitch kit. I put the jack stands on the trailing arm mounts (just forward of the wheel). They have a beefy base mounted to the chassis. I never felt the car wobble once while wrestling with the bumpers.
I always use sheet rubber to protect the paint where the jack stands contact the car.
Thanks rsranges - I see a nice picture of this where Retiredguns is using jack stands - http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/forum/498-aftermarket-add-ons/25874-renegade-ready-hitch-kit-installed.html

I'm just installing the undermount hitch on my Latitude but want to use jack stands to make the job easier.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would have to look under it again but it was somewhere close to the jack points because I remember having to drop it dawn a few times to reposition the jack because the jack stand would not go in place without hitting the jack

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wanted to drop a note about this. Putting jack stands under the pinch weld jack points without a pinch weld adapter will crush them or at least mangle them a little. Just put the jack stands under the frame rails. You can use a floor jack on the center of the frame rail and lift a whole side to put it on jack stands.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Just wondering if once the back of the Renegade is jacked up with a floor jack, is there anyplace to put a jack stand on each side? I want to jack up both sides on the back and put it on 2 jack stands, but not sure if there are good spots to place them. On other vehicles I usually put the jack stands under the axle but not sure if this is good to do with the Renegade.
i would use jack points, jeep states jack here must be safe to place stands

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
I know that it's not recommended but I placed the floor jack under the rear pumpkin lifting both rear wheels at the same time and then placed the stands under the jack pads on the frame rails.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.