Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Im looking into buying a new car and a cheeky facebook side advert brought the Renegade to my attention. I've been looking at other cars too, only online, I like to have almost made my mind up cost wise before test driving.

At first I was looking at getting a year old one, previously I had a citroen ds3, and lost 10k in value in the 3 & half years ive had it. I dread to think what id lose on a renegade.
I love the look of them, in the past i had a kial soul and see alot of similiarity.

Main dealer pricing for 1.6 E-torQ Longitude is 19k for the basic model put me off and found reasonable year old ones for around 14k

I stumbled across the likes of broadspeed and buyacar, which will offer me a brand new one for 15.5k, deliver it to the same dealer. How can this be? Am I missing something, huge price difference simply by cutting middle man out? and is there huge waits via those sites on orders. Probably still better off with 2nd hand as will lose the price difference immediately, been using exchangemart.

My other potential option is the ssangyang tivoli 12k. I had ruled the renegade out but now back to square one. Any advice :(

· Registered
261 Posts
I ordered my Trailhawk back in January from a main dealer, but went along equipped with the buyacar printout of discounted prices, plus some quotes via carwow (several showing discounts of ~£3k and one buyacar quote claiming £5.5k discount). I just showed the dealer the prices and said 'match that and I'll buy one' ...and they pretty well did....wouldn't match the buyacar -£5.5k discount but they beat the carwow quotes by a decent margin.
Of course I ended up adding all the options I wanted, but got a pretty well fully loaded Trailhawk for the price on a non optioned one.
I say 'got' , its currently being shipped to the UK from Italy.

See if your dealer will match the £15.5 buyacar quote.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.