Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for advice upon buying a 2016 Jeep Renegade 1.4 Longitude. 32,755 miles. I have test drove the car on Sunday 2nd August. However the thing which is pulling on my mind is that there are a few issues coming from reviews. Things about the electrical issues and engine issues with other models.

I can only find reviews mainly for the U.S. Rarely the UK and when I do it differs from each review.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi ya Robbie,we had a16 longitude and covered 60,000 before changing it for a limited,the only problems we had were a Turbo and battery changed at 37,000 .This was all done under warranty,the battery on these motors dont last ,invest in a new better one for sure. Love the Renegade to drive thats why we are on our second,went for another longitude but they had a limited going for the roughly the same price,so we ended up with this Jeep. My advice,go for it you know you want to. (y)

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
Robbie I'm in Scotland and have the 2.0L Diesel 4x4 that averages around 50mph give or take.

If I am really honest and want to fault find then here are the only 2 concerns I have had:

• A flat battery as in dead/flat a few months during the Winter months after buying it. That was fixed under warranty and the car was "memory flashed".
  • The drivers window whistles if I receive a side on wind blowing at around 30mph wind speed but that was solved by adding a tissue to the window seal or at first a tissue.
Of course I have replaced tyres and replaced the oil once and at almost 40k miles therefore what is there not to enjoy with a Renegade?

Perhaps I have had an exceptional Dealership that I have bought from. They are now known in their shortened version as Machargs, a franchise of Arnold Clark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts