Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for advice upon buying a 2016 Jeep Renegade 1.4 Longitude. 32,755 miles. I have test drove the car on Sunday 2nd August. However the thing which is pulling on my mind is that there are a few issues coming from reviews. Things about the electrical issues and engine issues with other models.

I can only find reviews mainly for the U.S. Rarely the UK and when I do it differs from each review.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found a sick Trailhawk in my home state of NJ. I was just about to buy it cash but my gf wanted to move in so we just bought a new place so not the right time for me :( you from NJ?

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
Most electrical issues are battery/connection related.

Was the stop/start is active and working?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most electrical issues are battery/connection related.

Was the stop/start is active and working?
From my knowledge it’s not a start stop engine, it’s a key.

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
Stop/Start is the system that stop the engine when you are at standstill in traffic etc.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Being a 1.4, I'm assuming standard trans?
The 1.4 turbo is a proven engine. Was used for years in the Fiat 500 Abarth before being adopted into Jeep and Dodge (Dart).
With the amount of Renegades on the roads around here, if they were junk, they would not be around. We had one at the shop a couple days ago. For a flat tire.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm looking for advice upon buying a 2016 Jeep Renegade 1.4 Longitude. 32,755 miles. I have test drove the car on Sunday 2nd August. However the thing which is pulling on my mind is that there are a few issues coming from reviews. Things about the electrical issues and engine issues with other models.

I can only find reviews mainly for the U.S. Rarely the UK and when I do it differs from each review.
Buy mine. 20K miles!

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
Off all the areas for potential issues on FCA cars, Italian engines developed by FPT are not something I would worry about. They are pretty bomb proof. So long as they are properly maintained. (Oil and belts done to schedule.)

·
Registered
16’ 500X Pop, Rosso, 1.4T/M6, 18” O.Z. 45th Anniversary wheels, H&R springs, Momo shift knob, K&N dr
30 Posts
Yeah all the problems I see are 2.4/autos in the 500X community (same car curvier body)
I’ve had my 2016 1.4/manual since new. It has 76+k miles and been pretty bulletproof even with me flogging it nearly daily.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Robbie, buy the Jeep and enjoy it especially if it's the Diesel version. Forget all the negativity and the pressure from UK Goverment in relation to diesel engines.

This planet will still be here long after you and your kids families die from old age and reproduce 100 times over. I guess you can understand I am not akin to the Green people of the world.

My Diesel Longitude 2.0L 4x4 is an absolute delight to drive and equally allows 5 adults to travel safely, comfortably and in comfort. What more can you want from any vehicle?

Oh wait, I can still go off road and do all the enjoyable pastimes that an ordinary car cannot do :LOL::LOL::LOL:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts