Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved the seat away from the steering wheel to vacuum underneath the seat. Now it isn't working. I am 4'11 and I am unable to drive my car. A pillow won't work either. The place I bought my jeep from won't be able to see me until Jan 8. Please help. Is there anything I can do myself to fix it.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I moved the seat away from the steering wheel to vacuum underneath the seat. Now it isn't working. I am 4'11 and I am unable to drive my car. A pillow won't work either. The place I bought my jeep from won't be able to see me until Jan 8. Please help. Is there anything I can do myself to fix it.
You may have disconnected a wire .
Have a look underneath.

·
Registered
300 Posts
syzygy is no doubt correct. Once you reconnect the connector make sure the little tabs that lock it are engaged.

Happy New Year!

Tim

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine stopped working after three weeks. Took it to the dealer and they found a ground short in the seat controls and ended up having it for a little under a week before I got it back.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Many good ideas given when you vacuum the carpet you might have knocked a plug lose or a wire. Last check fuse if a wire was lose and you bumped it you could have shorted it. For me 8 weeks and waiting

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine not working also

Mine suddenly stopped working also when I put the seat back to change out the floor mats. Dealer is saying it is a problem because of aftermarket headlight and charging me $300 to fix. 3 weeks old and 2K miles. Something doesn't sound right about that.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Marcbos72,
What do headlights have to do with a seat failing? They don't share ANY circuitry. I think you are being lied to. It would seem to me there is an obvious relationship between replacing the mat and the seat failing. Stand by your guns.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Power Seats Stopped Working

I have a 2015 Renegade I purchased back in August. I have had various issues since my purchase and although I like the overall body style and interior, I am considering trading it in. Today, my power seats stopped working after vacuuming the car. After looking at manual, we could not the interior fuse box (F31). We called the dealership and the device person was extremely rude (we'll be taking car of that on Monday). Anyway, in the meantime, my seat is pushed as far up to the steering wheel as it can go and the car is inoperable because we can fit in the car. I said all that to say, what's up with the power seat not working? This car is not even a year old!

Angry Buyer

·
Registered
183 Posts
Since you mentioned you vacuumed, did you check to see if you knocked a connector loose? Sometimes, it doesn't show b/c it's not completely disconnected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine just started doing this today and I just purchased it, new, on April 18th, 2016. Checked the wiring under the seat and everything seems ok. I made an appointment to take it in. I'm nervous because it seems awfully soon to be having any type of issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Renegade Power Seat Issue

The power driver seat in my 2015 Renegade stopped working at 6 months, 6K miles. Took it to dealer. The relay in the right rear quarter panel electronic box was not properly secured/seated. They had received a notification already on the issue from Jeep/Chrysler. It was a quick fix and was told it should not happen again. Let's hope.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had luck fixing this problem themselves? I have the same issue, looked at all the wires under the seat twice and its still not working. Has it always been just ground short?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just had this problem and it went away on its own. Moved the seat back to vacuum, then moved it forward where it got stuck. Checked fuses, wires, couldn't find the problem. I could barely drive it, but managed to get it to the dealer. They tried it and it was working fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My power seat was recently stuck and wouldn't move.
Got it to the dealer. "it was a computer update. We fashed it and updated the software." Works fine now.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Fixed myself

Mine failed today (the day after I took delivery). :mad:
In the post from MikeinDE, the repair order mentions a stuck relay.

There are two (red) relays in the rear power distribution unit (access inside cargo area on drivers side). See page 472 of the owners manual.

It's been very cold here and I figured that I might have a stuck relay.

I pulled each one out (one at a time) warmed them up and tapped them a bit. After I re-installed them, the seat works fine. :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts