Jeep Renegade Forum banner

201 - 220 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
This thread made me feel a bit better. Bought my brand new 2017 Altitude 3 days ago and its been in the shop for 2 days now. Engine/Transmission light came on after only 55km. Dealer is replacing the Transmission Control module (Slowly) This was my first new vehicle purchase and I was thinking I got a bad one. But judging by posts in this thread it maybe a common thing to have a few bugs the first few thousand KM/miles on a new vehicle??? Hopefully that is the case.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just clocked up 6000 miles on the TH, only problem so far is the tendency to switch the language back to Italian (figures!). Hit some snow a few weeks back (about 10cm / 4 inches) and it behaved perfectly. Went down a 1 in 7 hill on a mixture of fresh and packed snow in Hill Descent at less than walking pace under complete control.

Wouldn't push it as far as our old Land-Rover Defender with permanent 4WD, low ratio box and locking diffs, but it's pretty good, and a damn sight more comfortable when hacking up the motorway at 70+! Oh, and overall mpg for those 6000 miles was 35.3 (UK gallons)

·
Registered
15 Posts
:)

I bought mine slightly used (Certified pre-owned still under warranty with 15,000 miles , and went ahead and purchased the extended 7 year/100,000 mi. warranty) so it had already been broken in with no issues.I have had my 2017 renegade latitude 4X4 since December and have put a bit over 2000 miles on her.
Not a single complaint......I LOVE THIS VEHICLE!!
I've taken her down some intermediate trails, up some hills, through the mud, splashed through the puddles, and daily driving.
She has done everything I have asked her to do......even got my first speeding ticket in over 20 years with her.
What can I say, I Love my Jeep!!! and She really loves the mud!!
Day 1

After some Fun!!

·
Super Moderator
1,399 Posts
Went up skiing yesterday.

With MySky you can have the roof off whilst keeping the roof bars/ski-rack on.
Meaning open blue-sky fun whilst staying rigged for the snow. :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a 2017 latitude. I just completed the second oil change at 6000 miles and no real issues yet. Its a nice little commuter car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My 2018 Latitude took me out for awhile tonight, it was raining and I was kinda worried about how she would handle. Mine is the 4x2 and I will likely never take it off road too much, but it is important to me that it handle very well in the city. My Ford Escape that I traded in was a poor handler just from running over water on the road, it seemed to lose control of the power steering for a brief second or two. I'm happy to say that so far, the Latitude exceeds expectations. It handled water, puddles, everything just fine and seemed to handle everything I've thrown at it so far with ease. I'm pretty happy with this truck so far.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My orange 2016 Sport was an awesome little Renegade. The only issue I ever had was the ABS issue that was resolved with a TSB update. It handled really well in the snow, and was exactly what I was looking for. The only downside was not having all the creature comforts I had in my previous Grand Cherokee, so I started looking at other vehicles, including a Subaru Crosstrek (which I didn't even test drive - once I sat in the driver seat, I knew it wasn't for me).

I have been so pleased with my previous Renegade, I recently upgraded to a hyper green 2018 Trailhawk (with all the features I was missing, and then some).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Second oil change at 6k miles? I was told by the dealership that I wouldn’t need my first oil change until 6k miles....

·
Registered
48 Posts
17 TH I've owned for 10 months and 9K miles. No vehicle issues and only a glitch in the SiriusXM subscription which was quickly straightened out.

Otherwise, I'm very pleased as is the wife. It's been on some mild trails and a 2000 mile roadtrip.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My 2017 TrailHawk is now a year old. I had one issue with the tailgate light going out. They replaced it when I got my first oil change. I am on 14000 miles now and it has been great. I had a lot of snow this past winter and it handled it well. Towed my boat a few times on some long hauls and it gets high marks there too. I am happy with my purchase so far.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My 2016 75th 1.4 T is going good at 11500 miles , only issue is with the emergency auto brake system , it works intermittently . This is due to the bumper sensor having to be moved slightly when I had the DayStar bull bar installed . Sometimes the warning chime and light come on immediately when the Jeep is started , other times it will come on randomly when driving . I will get round to having it checked out at service time . Apart from that self inflicted issue , it's all good with my lovely Renny :cool:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a 2015 Latitude with the 2.4 liter engine that I purchased in Nov 2017. It had about 26k but was a Certified Pre-Owned. I previously owned a Toyota Tacoma with a V-6 and I purchased it new. As much as I loved the Tacoma, I put over 300,000 miles on it and it was time for a change. I started looking at small SUV's and drove several including Honda, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Kia,etc. I liked the Renegade for the unique, albeit quirky looks but once I drove one I knew I wanted one and others were boring by comparison. They are not only very fun to drive (so much more than my Toyota) but to me, they are very comfortable. One thing new to me was the amount of computerization which is probably one reason I held on to the Toyota for 14 years. In my mind, this opens the window for more issues (as you'll note in the forums, many problems were corrected with software updates) but if one continues to drive, you'll need to accept the fact that this is the way cars are and will continue to be built. As far as problems, I had one so far that was minor. My ignition key would occasionally "stick" but never to the point I couldn't remove it. As it turns out, it was fixed with a software update (weird). I also had an oil change although the oil looked brand new and was full (no burning). I've had numerous compliments on the looks and how it drives. I have a friend who owns one of the newer Cherokees who is trading in on a Renegade and another Honda owner who's test driving the Renegade today in fact. My overall (combined) gas mileage is over 29mpg which is a bonus.

·
Registered
224 Posts
My Sport just celebrated 20,000 miles today after 2 years and 3 months. So far, no major issues, only small ones caused by me. 1st issue was at 13,000 miles, I took the Renegade off road and apparently a small pebble got lodged in between the break pad and rotor on the passenger side front brake. One warranty claim later and I got new pads and rotors for both front brakes for free. The second issue, at 15,000 miles, was that I let a bad (frilling) iPhone cord connected to the Jeep. That cable was so bad that it would only charge the phone in the one position. After I remote started the Jeep, the cable caused a short circuit that fried my Uconnect 5.0. Warranty took care of that as well. Got a new head unit out of it. Of course, I didn't tell them about the iPhone cable.

I learned to not leave **** cables connected to the Renegades USB port overnight. Otherwise, the Renegade has been trouble free with regular maintenance. She's due her 4th oil change soon, and I will take that appointment to have them also change the brake fluid, the rear brake pads, and do everything else the manual calls for at 20,000 miles. I am happy with the Renegade. So far, it has been solid.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My wife’s 2017 just turned a year this month.
Perfect... it’s got a 6 speed manual and 1.4T. It runs like a little Porsche... and my wife drives it that way!!! Scares me to death. I’m so happy the Jeep has grab bars all over the place...

Oh, and it’s just about to turn 6,000 miles...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
just rolled over 8000 miles on my latitude, bought it november 2017, no issues to date except one time my car randomly started honking its horn and flashing its lights, both the keys were in the house with me and no one hit the panic button, so i dunno what that was about.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have a 2017 Latitude that I bought used on 31AUG18 with 42k on the odo. Of course, I joined this site after I bought it...

I fully realize that most forums have owners mainly posting problems with their chosen vehicle, it's not often someone posts a "I have XXXX trouble free miles !" post because you, honestly, have no reason to. It's like that on every forum.

But when I logged in here for the first time, I did the, "What did I do ?!?" after I started reading posts. My Renegade was running fine, but I fully expected something to go wrong, look at all the issues listed !!

My first butt-clench was the first time I checked my oil after 3-4 days of ownership. I went out in the morning, pulled the stick and the oil was almost at the bottom of the dipstick hash mark !! Granted, my driveway has a slight incline to it, but.... I immediately thought I had the dreaded burning oil problem I've read of on here. I took out my owners manual to see the capacities of the engine. It was there I learned of the unusual procedure of checking the oil for this engine. Run the engine for 5 minutes, let it set, THEN check the oil. Contrary to EVERYTHING that I know about checking oil. Manual even states that checking after it sat overnight will give an incorrect reading. Whadehell ?? My procedure for checking oil since 1976 was to check it in the morning.

I drove it around the 'hood, parked it and waited a few. Checked the oil, it was slightly below full. Still made no sense. I wonder how many people used the oil-check-standard and overfill their engines ? I almost did. Since then, it hasn't burned any oil at all, being I adopted the quirky oil check standard of this engine.

I haven't had any engine problems, tranny problems, Uconnect issues (save the crappy XM signal drop that occurs quite often) that seem to populate this forum. But I haven't had/needed any software updates yet and to be honest, I will NOT get any just because they become available. My mindset is; the updates are to fix a problem. The software is coded to address said problem. If you vehicle is NOT having that problem, the code is changed anyway. Well, THAT may create a problem that you didn't have.

My Jeep came with dealer installed window tinting with free lifetime replacement. It had a slight scratch on it and when I went to the dealer for replacement and I asked if my file could be updated with a "Do NOT update any software, including TSB's and recalls, without owner approval" note. He said no problem, but I don't know if that will actually happen....

I'm currently at 45k on the odo (yes, I drive a lot) and have had zero issues thus far. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
25.000 very happy and satisfied km's with my little tractor (diesel), works like a treat, only slight issue is that the clutch smells too fast even when you try to mount a pavement. But for the rest, it has taken me to places me skoda yeti 4x4 wouldn't dream of and all runs smoothly so far.

·
Registered
19 Posts
5600 mile problem free, previously wrote a thread complaining about the transmission but read about it later and it is normal for the dual-clutch, so not a problem. This car is just perfect for me! really smooth on the road, lots of options! Great safety features like 12 airbags forward warning collision and many more to mention. (I live in Egypt and here are some restrictions on the engine size that makes cars with 1.6l or more very expensive and my car is the 1.4 turbo 140hp 6 speed auto dual-clutch) Excellent fuel economy, I only drive the cars with my family (4 in the car) and always with the ac on still I've got 30mpg. Thought the engine would be rather weak but the 230nm of torque are very capable. I didnt use my car in any off-roading before but approaching any small obstacles I feel really confident compared to a car like the vw tiguan. This car is really under-rated, I would love to make a thread and talk about my overall experience in details and talk about the disadvantages, so I will talk about all of this when I complete 10k miles!

201 - 220 of 249 Posts