Jeep Renegade Forum banner

241 - 255 of 255 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,569 Posts
I just bought my 2017 Renegade. Traded in my Honda CRV and every time I walk out to go somewhere, I am so excited to drive it! Unlike my lovely CRV, which was fine, but gave me no sense of adventure. Everyone in my family owns Jeeps, so now I am part of the club. I also love that I have sunroofs in the front and back that pop out like T Tops. I only wish it had come with a Bluetooth radio. But I am extremely happy! And super happy to be in the forum!
and enjoy the forum! We love ours too!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Welcome aboard RockytheRenegade! ?‍

Looks like it's Alpine White...my favorite color! And I know what you mean about driving it. I've had mine for a couple of months, and still love getting behind the wheel.

My Latitude with base 5" radio is Bluetooth compatible...I use it most days. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I only have the 3.0 radio with iPod integration thru plugging in thru USB. No Bluetooth. I can do aftermarket, just not sure it’s necessary now that I’ve been living without it. I really enjoy just listening to music and relaxing.

How do I know what “kind” of Renegade I have? I bought it used at a Honda dealer - they were just thrilled to get rid of a Jeep! Ha!

Welcome aboard RockytheRenegade! ?‍

Looks like it's Alpine White...my favorite color! And I know what you mean about driving it. I've had mine for a couple of months, and still love getting behind the wheel.

My Latitude with base 5" radio is Bluetooth compatible...I use it most days. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
52mpg?.... has to be a typo... Seriously? It can't be... Ellaborate?
It is not a typo!!!

I have posted a few times about the "Chip" that I have put in the car.

It comes pre-programmed. In my case its on setting 3 as thats what the guys that make the chip suggest it should be at.

Should I ever decide to increase the setting it's merely a turn of a screw.

Having had other cars re-mapped at a lot more cost this was a more viable option as it's simply plug and play.

Have a look at the website above and make your own mind up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
52 British MPG = 43.30 U.S. MPG

I'd be willing to bet that @puddlesplasher has a diesel?
Then you would be correct and I also fly the Union Flag below my name :giggle:

Apologies if the USA has a different MPG set up to the UK. I would never had known that. My belief was that a gallon is a gallon in all countries. However a Google search reveals this:

The formula for conversion to USA gallon requires me to multiply the volume value by 1.201 :oops::cry:(y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is the official Jeep Renegade Problem-Free/Positive thread that members can check into every now and post up about how problem-free their Jeep Renegade has been operating for them (Please keep problems out of this thread) or features that they have found that they can no longer live without.
[/QUO
This is the official Jeep Renegade Problem-Free/Positive thread that members can check into every now and post up about how problem-free their Jeep Renegade has been operating for them (Please keep problems out of this thread) or features that they have found that they can no longer live without.
I have a 2018 TH HAVE HAD IT FOR 1 year it has 34,000 totally trouble free miles on mine and still love it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
As of January 14, 2020 I have 72000 problem-free miles on my 2016 Trailhawk. I couldn't be happier with my Renegade....it's probably my favorite car of all I've owned.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2015 Renegade Trailhawk with 84k bought it with 79k had the motor mounts replaced and MySky motor and cable replaced at no charge. No issues at this point other than 4WD Serv light came on for a sec and hasn’t been back on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi I just wanted to check in here as my 2016 Renegade TH is still chugging along just great. Since I don't commute with it (being retired) it only has a little over 27,000 miles. Since I bought it new I have only had one minor issue and that was with the navigation package. While on a trip in an area totally unknown to me it started giving me directions to make turns where there was no road to turn on.When I got home the dealer "reflashed" the software and it was fixed. I camp a lot and tow a little teardrop camp trailer which it handles just fine. My only gripe there is that I would not mind getting a slightly larger and self contained trailer but the 2000 lb limit precludes that as I have not found one under the limit. That and I worry about that extra weight and the power available. I do wish it had perhaps a little over 200 hp. Perhaps after the warranty is out I just might look at a turbo package.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I own a 2017 Renegade Limited, owned since brand new has 41,000 km's on it. I live where it can be 30+ C in the summer, and often reaches -45C in the winter an this can last for months at a time, have had 0 issues.
Very happy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just stumbled upon this thread. Did you contact the insurer when you re-chipped and if so did they raise your premium by much? I'd be quite interested in this if it doesn't change the cost of insurance excessively. The company also state its completely undetectable when removed. Do you think Jeep would be able to spot any telltale signs you've swapped out the chips both physically and digitally? I still have 1 years worth of manufacturers warranty I'd like to not void (I'm pretty sure they would try to worm out of engine issues on a re-chipped vehicle).
It is not a typo!!!

I have posted a few times about the "Chip" that I have put in the car.

It comes pre-programmed. In my case its on setting 3 as thats what the guys that make the chip suggest it should be at.

Should I ever decide to increase the setting it's merely a turn of a screw.

Having had other cars re-mapped at a lot more cost this was a more viable option as it's simply plug and play.

Have a look at the website above and make your own mind up.
View attachment 2396347735

·
Registered
51 Posts
2017 Renegade, bought new in 2018 on a great sale because they were trying to get rid of previous year's models ($10k off sticker). Just over 2 years now and not one problem. Just routine service every 6 months. Mileage is fairly low at about 22k.

241 - 255 of 255 Posts