Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 40 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
So that windshield still controls the headlights even if you set the Daytime Running Lights setting to off in the UConnect / Light setting display console? Or was the Daylights Running Lights setting on already?

Time index 1:25

Hmm that's a good question. I wasn't referring to the DRL's rather the Driving lights... I prefer to have my DRL's on, but the other day even in direct sunlight and the light control set to "Auto" the driving lights stayed on.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Got my TH on 4/13. 850 miles down at about 26 mpg. So far, so good.

Reactions: LittleRedJeep

·
Registered
318 Posts
Got my TH on 4/13. 850 miles down at about 26 mpg. So far, so good.
Got my Limited opening edition on 06.Nov.2014 19123 km since then and the Rascal didn´t get anything but Diesel ... no Probs with it ... :D>:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
I want to post here, but I'm having problems (bad mpg, no hitch, door locks deprogrammed), but the overal driving experience is great. I had a wrangler in high school, so it's bringing me back a little. I really wish I could have the complete renegade experience with a trailhawk and hitch, but who knows, maybe I'll buy two.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
I really wish I could have the complete renegade experience with a trailhawk and hitch, but who knows, maybe I'll buy two.
Insert Wrigleys " Double Your Pleasure. Double Your Fun" video here. :)

TS

Reactions: LittleRedJeep

·
Registered
610 Posts
1100ish miles on my Trailhawk so far and trouble-free. I'll have owned it for 1 month tomorrow.

I ordered my all weather mats and cargo area mat from the local dealer, which was awesome because they came in the very next day due to some kind of thing the dealers have with Chrysler's distribution network.

I'm anxiously awaiting what the hitch package will be and how much, because it's next along with roof racks, and then the tire conundrum... I'm on the fence about a bug visor, because I hate how they look but I understand their purpose.
Instead of an unsightly bug visor, you could have hardly visible clear 3M protective film applied.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I picked my Black TH up on March 31, 2015. Have been loving it ever since. Now have 7100 miles on it and it has been trouble free. Tranny shifts great. The ride, in my opinion, is better than the 2015 Cherokee Limited that I owned previously. Mileage has settled in at 29.5 (hand Calculated).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello all. I have a Renegade Limited with 1100 after a month of ownership. Knock of wood, I have had no problems with the vehicle. I am still waiting for an owner's manual and a second key for the dealer. I drive more in the city than highway and I average around 25 mpg. My dealer had one Limited and one Trailhawk available and I drove both before deciding on the Limited. I really don't need 4WD where I live.

The ride is really nice for a smaller vehicle and I appreciate being able to parallel park and enter/exit tight parking buildings. Everyone that sees the Renegade compliments me and asks questions. The leather(ette) interior is well done and I enjoy the ease of use with the bluetooth system. I wonder why there is no exterior temperature display (unless I don't know how to access it).

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hello all. I have a Renegade Limited with 1100 after a month of ownership. Knock of wood, I have had no problems with the vehicle. I am still waiting for an owner's manual and a second key for the dealer. I drive more in the city than highway and I average around 25 mpg. My dealer had one Limited and one Trailhawk available and I drove both before deciding on the Limited. I really don't need 4WD where I live.

The ride is really nice for a smaller vehicle and I appreciate being able to parallel park and enter/exit tight parking buildings. Everyone that sees the Renegade compliments me and asks questions. The leather(ette) interior is well done and I enjoy the ease of use with the bluetooth system. I wonder why there is no exterior temperature display (unless I don't know how to access it).
so take this instead:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6xqs4ej01fkr3g/2015-Renegade-OM-2nd.pdf?dl=0

you can download it all from:

http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/manuals/

:D>:D

exterior Temperature is displayed in the middle display between the cauges ... you can acess when engine on while standing with the knobs on the left at the steering wheel by pressing the key up until Display settings show up ...

·
Registered
92 Posts
500 problem free miles on my Latitude thus far. Really happy with quality of workmanship (inside and out) and also the rubber seals around the doors. Can't complain about anything and trust it will stay that way. Great car thus far.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Closing in on 6 weeks and 2k miles on a Trailhawk. No major issues. It's just a very competent little vehicle. I've driven Wrangler Unlimiteds since they released in 2007 and also have a Fiat 500 pop in the stable.

The Renegade's on demand 4 wheel drive system has been excellent. The suspension handles bumps and washboard perhaps better than its big brother wrangler. Obviously you trade some off road competance for on road manners. I haven't put it in any bad situations yet as I don't have anything to tow it out when I do.

To me the Renegade (at least Trailhawk edition) isn't particularly great at anything. It's not fast, it's not much more than a dirt road off roader, it doesn't handle great, it's not quite big enough to be useful outside of groceries.

Here's the deal though, it pretty **** good at almost everything. It's quick enough to be fun. It handles flat enough to throw it into an on ramp, it will handle 90 percent of the general publics off road needs without touching the selector dial or lock out. The seats are great, the interior is extremely competent, when the 2.4 dials out to full airflow you get some fun looks from the passenger seat.

I think If the goal was to take the flat out fun of the 500 and convert it to 4 doors and enough off road capabilities to significantly increase the size of your playground, they did a very good job.

-Have had one mysterious parking light out indicator, self corrected.
-the mileage range needs to be based on average mileage and not current use
-The b pillar waste line interior trim come off if you bump it a little, might just be mine, but that trim piece should take more incidental contact for where it's located.
-for the love of God, one more cubby or something in the interior wouldn't have killed anyone.

Thats a pretty small list from somebody that was driving a fully loaded 14 Wrangler 7 weeks ago.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Closing in on 6 weeks and 2k miles on a Trailhawk. No major issues. It's just a very competent little vehicle. I've driven Wrangler Unlimiteds since they released in 2007 and also have a Fiat 500 pop in the stable.

The Renegade's on demand 4 wheel drive system has been excellent. The suspension handles bumps and washboard perhaps better than its big brother wrangler. Obviously you trade some off road competance for on road manners. I haven't put it in any bad situations yet as I don't have anything to tow it out when I do.

To me the Renegade (at least Trailhawk edition) isn't particularly great at anything. It's not fast, it's not much more than a dirt road off roader, it doesn't handle great, it's not quite big enough to be useful outside of groceries.

Here's the deal though, it pretty **** good at almost everything. It's quick enough to be fun. It handles flat enough to throw it into an on ramp, it will handle 90 percent of the general publics off road needs without touching the selector dial or lock out. The seats are great, the interior is extremely competent, when the 2.4 dials out to full airflow you get some fun looks from the passenger seat.

I think If the goal was to take the flat out fun of the 500 and convert it to 4 doors and enough off road capabilities to significantly increase the size of your playground, they did a very good job.

-Have had one mysterious parking light out indicator, self corrected.
-the mileage range needs to be based on average mileage and not current use
-The b pillar waste line interior trim come off if you bump it a little, might just be mine, but that trim piece should take more incidental contact for where it's located.
-for the love of God, one more cubby or something in the interior wouldn't have killed anyone.

Thats a pretty small list from somebody that was driving a fully loaded 14 Wrangler 7 weeks ago.
That's a pretty good description of the trailhawk - it's not particularly awesome at anything but pretty good at all things. If your needs are like mine (light offroading but live in the city) it's kind of perfect. I agree about the quips on the interior - front door storage could have been much better and the lack of reasonable cup holders in the rear is a total drag and feels like a complete oversight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
200 problem free miles, Seems like the more I drive it the better it gets.
A very enjoyable vehicle, I drive a 2014 AWD Equinox daily for work, I also have a 2000 wrangler TJ. The trailhawk is the wife's vehicle, but I Like it a lot!
Oh the wife LOVES it as well!!

21 - 40 of 255 Posts