Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have renegade with xenon lights , Whenever i push the stick for the higher beam lights , i hear a ticking everytime i push the stick , the sound seems to be come from under the hood , specifically from the headlight box under the hood , is that normal?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Problem with the headlights

I have renegade with xenon lights , whenever i push the stick for a higher beam lights i hear a ticking sound everytime i push the stick , the sound seems to be come from under the hood , specifically from the headlight box ,is that normal?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Possibly a headlight relay? Most cars use them.
Most cars used to use them. Now they tend to just route all the power through the light switch. My 1996 Audi A4 was my first car without headlight relays. After the switch ($300 multifunction switch) got fried twice, I installed relays and no more problems. I don't know if the Renegade has headlight relays. Someone mentioned recently he would check, but he never did.

It's high time for the service manual with all the diagrams to become available.

The noise could be from the HID ballast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.