Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looks like ProClip now has a mount available for the Renegade...

http://www.proclipusa.com/dashboard...enter-mount-855073-19783.cmsv?p_leftorright=0

I've had built in navigation on all of my vehicles since 2006. But since I got my current iPhone, I feel like the Navigation on my iPhone is better than the one built into my car. A lot of it has to do with how easy it is to look stuff up with Siri. So I don't see myself getting a built in Nav in my next vehicle, but I want a really nice iPhone mount that looks like it came with the car and not just an afterthought.

I haven't purchased a ProClip mount in many years, but this one looks nice. It's hard to see from the pic, but if you go to the web page they have instructions you can download and you can see how it attaches. It looks pretty sturdy. From the pic it just looks like a vent snap attachment, but it actually mounts into the dash behind the vent.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The ProClip would be good for me with a 17mm ball mount like a Garmin GPS uses. I like to use Arkon mounts and they would fit right on this. A suction cup compatible round pad would also work, but it'd look clunkier. This mounting position also allows you to use the phone as a dashcam. Don't drive around with video of your view running on the phone or you'll get pulled over for it. ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I responded to a discussion from ProClip on Facebook and told them my vehicle mount pops off the vent sometimes. It turns out this has been redesigned. If you have the above mount, contact ProClip and they'll send you a new one that fits in the center of the top vent instead of the left side.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I responded to a discussion from ProClip on Facebook and told them my vehicle mount pops off the vent sometimes. It turns out this has been redesigned. If you have the above mount, contact ProClip and they'll send you a new one that fits in the center of the top vent instead of the left side.

I bought the centre one, but found it impossible to fit it, due to the rubber like construction of the dashboard. I could clip it under in at the back but getting the front to go under the airvent plastic just was not happening, without what I would consider considerable force and potential to damage the rubber dash.

Shame as I have used Proclips for quite a few years, but the mount in my opinion poorly designed.

I binned it and bought a Kenu Airframe+ , that clips into the center airvent and I mount my iPhone6s horizontally. Works fine!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.