Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All-

Newbie Mom here posting for the first time and I LOVE this forum! My husband bought me a 2015 Renegade for our 10th. anniversary and it's been awesome for me so far!

Just got back from the Silver Lake Sand Dunes this past weekend for the 1st Annual Jeep Invasion Weekend and I'm proud to report that it did AWESOME on the open dunes and could pretty much climb anything I wanted. It is my daily driver, so I didn't beat the crap out of it, but it made it up every major hill on the dunes-- including Test Hill! We only saw 3 of them TOTAL on the dunes all weekend, so hopefully more folks catch-on that these things CAN dune-it with the best of em'!

I even won a trophy for the "Best Stock Jeep", where everyone loved it!

For those of you wondering how these things do in real off-road conditions, now you know. :)

Cheers! :x

Attachments

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Congrats! I hope there's many more to come for you.

And love the pics. Just makes it all that much more real. And the first pic is great. Looks like you clipped that little girl for getting in the way!

:laugh:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats! I hope there's many more to come for you.

And love the pics. Just makes it all that much more real. And the first pic is great. Looks like you clipped that little girl for getting in the way!

:laugh:
Haha! That was my daughter. She was screaming, "Go Mommy Go!" all the way up the hill, as it took me 7 tries to make it. tee-hee! ;)

Cheers!
:x

·
Registered
79 Posts
Congrats and love how your car looks with the side shades, red painted caliper, the front bug deflector and the hood sticker, giving me ideas for my glacier Renegade.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, jeepmom! Do you have a link for those AVS wind deflectors?
Sure! Here ya go-

Here is a listing on Amazon: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Auto-Ventshade-AVS-94368-Deflector/dp/B0140W5BX4/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1465259245&vehicle=2015-42-24260-------------0&sr=1-1&ymm=2015%3Ajeep%3Arenegade&keywords=jeep+renegade+avs+vent+visor[/ame]

Also on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVS-94368-S...ash=item4648c013ac:g:5qIAAOSwzgRWuO9P&vxp=mtr

Hope that helps!

Cheers! :x

·
Registered
607 Posts
Excellent! I'm even more pleased that you did all this with a non-trailhawk! Is yours a 2.4L with an automatic trans or is it the 1.4L turbo with the manual trans?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Love it! FCA did a lot of their testing at Silver lake for the Renegade, as a pre-release they did this Sand Surfing video shoot to help sway the nonbelievers: https://youtu.be/EwvHAnztH-k
Wow! That's pretty cool and on familiar territory!!

My husband and I have been around a Jeep vehicle in our family in some some capacity or another since 1974 and this Renegade has been a hoot to own! Hubby has a 1995 Wrangler and I have the Renny.

After driving his Wrangler over the bumpy dunes no more than 10-15 mph, you feel like a jouncing bobble-head on the dash of a 4x4 and your guts are all shook up like a warm can of soda... On the other hand.....the Renny is SOOOOOOOOO much smoother and controlled in comparison, where you can easy fly over the dune landscape at 25-30 mph without feeling anymore bumpy-ness than crossing a set of uneven railroad tracks! It's SMOOOOTH!!

I love this thing and in this humble Mommy/Wife's opinion, it's earned and worthy of the name and heritage that is "JEEP". :)

Cheers fella's!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Congrats that sounds like a fun time. Thanks for the links too.
Is that a whip flag dune antenna you have too? More info please..
The 10' dune flag came from a speed shop called "Dune Land" and we used Sticky Whips to mount it to the front fender without worry of marring/scratching the paint. Works like a champ and they REALLY hold the flag on well!

http://www.stickywhips.com/

Later on, I started using a pink foam "noodle" over the fiberglass shaft of the flag pole to protect the paint and glass from being smacked by the whipping flag pole as I flew across the sand....making my hubby's Wrangler look like a toy! WhoooHooooo!

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
sand mania

Thanks Jeepmom! I live on the other side of Michigan but have kicked around the idea of taking my Trailhawk to Silver Lake. Your recommendations as far as tire pressure and "sticky whips" are just the info I need.

Have fun with your Renegade!

Tim

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update 7-17-16

Just got back from another trip to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Mears, Michigan with my family and my trusty Renny, livin' the dream on the sand!

I just LOVE this thing!! It gets around the sand hills SOOOO well and it rides dead-sexy smooth too!! My Hubby was jealous on how much better tt rode than his Wrangler and I also whipped his butt on the drag strip.......TWICE!! Hahaha!

Enjoy the pics and I'll post a link to a vid I'm working on soon with this machine in action in the sand. :)

Cheers!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.