Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any of you had problems with the touch screen changing radio channels on its own? I know it sounds crazy but I'll be listening to the radio and it (touch screen right search button) flashes and it just goes thru channels, thinking about naming her Christine lol

·
Registered
210 Posts
Reported this and other functions changing on the radio when last in my dealership. They applied a "patch" of some kind. Radio is okay, but other functions controlled by it still don't hold the options I set. Going back to the dealer....2nd trip. The electronics in the Jeep Renegade get a HUGE "F" for reliability.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Got this note today from my dealer with regard to the repeated issues. Who exactly is the "star" team i wonder?
Hopefully this gets us somewhere good?? Anyone heard of this? it's new to me.

Good morning. My technician has sent your concerns to what we call "star". They are our assistance center when we have questions regarding fixes and repairs on the u connect and newer vehicles. We should hear back from them later today and then i will be happy to get you scheduled in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having similar issues with my jeep, however mine just turns off randomly. I have taken my renegade into the dealership once already and they replace the entire radio. I have an appointment today with them. I would suggest getting in contact with your dealership and retain the paperwork showing the issue. Under Missouri Lemon law they are given 4 opportunities to correct the issue and you are required to give a written notification to the manufacturer. I would suggest checking you local laws and following them to a T.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looks like I'm late to the party. Just started changing stations by itself today. The "forward" button on the screen gets stuck. I use the controls on the steering wheel out of habit coming from an Abarth. My guess also is that it may have something to do with the steering wheel controls. The equivalent in annoyance to a horn honking when turning a steering wheel in a 60s car. Planning another visit to the dealership for yet another issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm relieved to see others having this same issue. Has anyone found a permanent fix? The dealership just treats me like I'm crazy. Even after showing them a video of it happening, they tell me they can't do anything about it unless it is happening the moment they are servicing it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing here. I know that it is not steering wheel controls because it happens to radio, phone, settings, etc. The same place on the screen goes psycho, regardless of mode. Two times in for service. They are in denial. I told them no more "software updates" until they are willing to start testing and/or replacing components. I would have expected more of Jeep and my dealership.

·
Super Moderator
3,641 Posts
No problems with mine.

What head unit do you all have? If it's the 5.0, are your renegades 2016? That in theory got a revised version of the 5.0.

Mines 2015 with the 5.0 and no issues like this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trying to get the clock off 24 hr time in my 2015 Renegade. I go through the settings and can eventually get to that part but it's like the screen has dead spots.....can't get it to respond to what I'm touching on the screen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.