Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled the trigger and bagged a Glacier Trailhawk
Went hunting last Sunday the 19th of April 2015 and found a small flock of Trailhawks, imagine that a rare bird in my neck of the woods and I found three of them grouped together (3 in 1 lot a red, anvil, & glacier) took careful aim pulled the trigger and bagged a Glacier Trailhawk.
Took about 4 hours of painful negotiating to get this bird out of the bush but I stuck to my guns and finally got her out the door for $28,500, 3.57% off MSRP.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey that's the one I'm looking at getting this Saturday if I can get a good enough deal! Congrats! I was looking at Anvil but my GF hates it and I'm starting to fall for Glacier.

Your out the door price was with taxes and docs and everything? Trying to see what kind of deals people are getting.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Congratulations! I have nearly the same car. I never was a silver car buyer, but it looks good on the Trailhawk with its black accents (bumpers, roof, etc.) and red bits. I'm glad I got the silver metallic.

Mine came with the hood decal (which I don't like). After seeing your pictures without the hood decal, I'm convinced that it will look better if I peel mine off.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey that's the one I'm looking at getting this Saturday if I can get a good enough deal! Congrats! I was looking at Anvil but my GF hates it and I'm starting to fall for Glacier.

Your out the door price was with taxes and docs and everything? Trying to see what kind of deals people are getting.
Yes, out the door price includes everything.
Live in California, expect to pay the following fees::(
Dealer document prep & transmit Fee
Registration Fee
Vehicle License Fee
Use/Sales Tax
California Highway Patrol Fee
County Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies Fee
Fingerprint ID Fee
Smog High Polluter Repair Fee
Smog Abatement Fee
Alt Fuel/Tech Smog Fee
Abandoned Vehicle Fee
Air Quality Management District Fee
Alt Fuel/Tech Reg Fee
Vehicle Theft/DUI 2 Fee
Reflectorized License Plate Fee

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, out the door price includes everything.
Live in California, expect to pay the following fees::(
Dealer document prep & transmit Fee
Registration Fee
Vehicle License Fee
Use/Sales Tax
California Highway Patrol Fee
County Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies Fee
Fingerprint ID Fee
Smog High Polluter Repair Fee
Smog Abatement Fee
Alt Fuel/Tech Smog Fee
Abandoned Vehicle Fee
Air Quality Management District Fee
Alt Fuel/Tech Reg Fee
Vehicle Theft/DUI 2 Fee
Reflectorized License Plate Fee
Dang I thought NYC was bad.

Any tips on how to get them down? My MSRP is 31,465 at the one I'm looking at and hoping to get out the door for that.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Geez that's a lot of fees to pay just to buy a car. All of that considered, you definitely got yourself an awesome deal then if your out of the door price came in that low despite all those fees.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Pulled the trigger and bagged a Glacier Trailhawk
Went hunting last Sunday the 19th of April 2015 and found a small flock of Trailhawks, imagine that a rare bird in my neck of the woods and I found three of them grouped together (3 in 1 lot a red, anvil, & glacier) took careful aim pulled the trigger and bagged a Glacier Trailhawk.
Took about 4 hours of painful negotiating to get this bird out of the bush but I stuck to my guns and finally got her out the door for $28,500, 3.57% off MSRP.
View attachment 5546

View attachment 5506

View attachment 5514

View attachment 5522

View attachment 5530

View attachment 5538
Love it! Congrats!! So fun!

·
Registered
13 Posts
It is a beautiful silver. I got my Glacier Trailhawk on the 23rd. Had to drive 3 hours to Denver from western Colorado to get one the way I want it -- i.e., with no options, including no hood decal. Silver was a second choice behind Mojave Sand, but no one had one in stock anywhere close. It's a much more refined vehicle than my previous 2011 and 2013 Patriot 5-Speed Sport FDIs. Perhaps slightly more body roll on sharp curves at highway speeds but so much more power, and so much nicer in all respects. I'm impressed with the smoothness of the 9-speed transmission -- worked great in the mountains driving home -- and of course the low range will be good for offroad, unlike the FDI Patriots (and my wife has a 2012 Wrangler Sport S). Now if only I can make the horn not beep with the remote lock and figure out where to put my garage door opener (the visors are way too thick for the clip).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.