Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally in the process of purchasing my Jeep Renegade. One of my considerations is the feasibility of pulling a small camper if my Renegade has the 2.4 L engine and either the 6 speed manual transmission or the 9 speed automatic transmission. Does Jeep specify any weight restrictions with regard to camper or boat trailers? Obviously, I'm not talking about a behemoth Airstream but something along the lines of those marketed by www.littleguytrailers.com Do you think pulling lightweight trailer would be too much for the transmission? Thanks

:ReneBlueWave:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I'm finally in the process of purchasing my Jeep Renegade. One of my considerations is the feasibility of pulling a small camper if my Renegade has the 2.4 L engine and either the 6 speed manual transmission or the 9 speed automatic transmission. Does Jeep specify any weight restrictions with regard to camper or boat trailers? Obviously, I'm not talking about a behemoth Airstream but something along the lines of those marketed by www.littleguytrailers.com Do you think pulling lightweight trailer would be too much for the transmission? Thanks

:ReneBlueWave:
I don't think the 2.4 is available in Ireland.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2000 lbs. balanced.

200 lbs tongue weight.

Thanks! The trailers I'm looking to purchase are quite light weight. The tongue weights don't exceed 100 lbs. and the curb weights don't exceed 900 lbs.

I don't think the 2.4 is available in Ireland.

For better or worse I reside in Tennessee but thank you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.