Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Purchaser/Shopper Demographics

13K views 26 replies 25 participants last post by  WanttobuyRenegade 
#1 ·
Is Jeep hitting who they want with the Renegade, what kind of audience are they in store for? Lets hear....

28, I'm in Advertising.

Feel free too add whatever other information you want...

#4 ·
48 and in IT

I think my target Jeep vehicle would be the Cherokee (if it were available with a manual). My interest in the Renegade is that it is one of the few SUV/CUV's that hopefully offer a manual. If, however, it is too stripped with the manual, I will move on to something else (Forester, CX-5).

#19 ·
54, Grandmother, Still active in the co-ed boy scout program called Venturing. Professionally, I'm a leadership development trainer. Had my 03 Liberty since 2005. Looking for something smaller that I can still load my sea kayaks on, can still play in the snow, and that gets much better mileage. Looked at Encore, but I'm more of a Jeep kinda girl!!!

#20 ·
41, married, looking to buy second ever car. Current car is a FWD station wagon. I feel it is time for a higher ride height and 4x4 capability for snow and unpaved roads. It seems clear that this car will appeal to the older set, much like the second generation Scion XB. Not a bad thing. So while it will compete with the Kia Soul and Nissan Juke in terms of vehicle class, older buyers will flock to the Jeep.

#21 ·
28 year old police officer. I've always wanted a Wrangler but with the size it is not practical and I don't want a 4DR. Im interested in the Trailhawk. It still has the rugged Jeep wrangler look but more practical and 30+ MPG on fuel. Also it seems like this will be priced reasonable for me compared to a 4DR wrangler and way more fuel efficient. My fiancé has a 2008 Liberty and I enjoy driving it. I need something in 4x4 to get to work in the snow. I currently drive an extended cab 2002 2DR Toyota Tacoma.

#24 · (Edited)
39, Designer in Montreal / Canada, married and a father of a 4 year old boy...

I need an SUV for my family, winter of Canada, low fuel consumption as well as a capable AWD / 4x4 for my mild outdoors adventures to replace my 2010 Patriot 4x4 North...

Last year I considered the Cherokee vs Forester, neither convinced me in terms of Value vs Price. The Cherockee Trailhawk was my focus yet the V6 was the only option that could make it move comfortably but again I did not want a V6 consumption... Also the size of the Vehicle was not that convincing for price...

Thus this year back to the same research phase to see what I will choose to replace my Patriot 2010...

Although I am here to follow the Renegade pre-production and release news, discussions and reviews, I am not yet 100% sure it is my final pick...

In fact I am also looking at the other side of the spectrum and that is the new 2015 Subaru Outback...

Even if the Renegade Trailhawk looks great, with the outdoors capability I need in the Trailhawk model, what scares me with Jeep is general / long term reliability and this 9 Speed Transmission...

Also if the Renegade Trailhawk with all the extra expenses, taxes etc will go past the 30kCA$, I will certainly prefer to go bigger and choose the overall quality vs value of the Outback 2015 Touring as a lease option...

Cheers

#25 ·
...........Even if the Renegade Trailhawk looks great, with the outdoors capability I need in the Trailhawk model, what scares me with Jeep is general / long term reliability and this 9 Speed Transmission... Also if the Renegade Trailhawk with all the extra expenses, taxes etc will go past the 30kCA$, I will certainly prefer to go bigger and choose the overall quality vs value of the Outback 2015 Touring as a lease option........ Cheers
I understand the implied hesitation. I too am a bit concerned about the 9 speed auto trans. I don't need all the "extra's" that come in the TH, but I do prefer a 4x4. I also want some creature comforts. This may (may being the operative word here) be the last new vehicle I purchase. That of course depends on the 9 speed auto trans reliability. I tend to keep my vehicles for 10 - 15 years or more. My '92 Dodge D250 Cummins Diesel is pushing 23 years with no reason to replace it.

#26 ·
I'm 30, will be 31 when this comes out (crap that sounds old to me). I'm a computer geek and entrepreneur. I build websites, do SEO, make things... and own a niche website called http://www.raveready.com.

I've been driving a 2003 Jeep Liberty since 2006. I live in Los Angeles (moving to Santa Barbara) - I travel a lot, road trips, and ski. I'll be getting the TH, I'm pretty set on it, unless some horrible news comes out about it or I hate the way it feels (unlikely).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.