Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just got a few questions/concerns. Recently been looking around for a new vehicle and have been really thinking hard about getting a Jeep. Have always wanted one and the Renegade seems to fit my size. Found a nice Desert Hawk for a fair price.

My only concern is, I’ve seen a lot of negative reviews in regards to the Renegade’s liability. Things like the engine stalling or shutting off while driving. I want to make sure I have the next car that I buy lasts me for a long time. Has anyone here had any problems/would recommend the Renegade, specifically the 2017 model?

·
Super Moderator
3,460 Posts

and enjoy the forum!

We have had 0 problems with ours! More people bitch than praise on the forums! 98% to 2%

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey all, just got a few questions/concerns. Recently been looking around for a new vehicle and have been really thinking hard about getting a Jeep. Have always wanted one and the Renegade seems to fit my size. Found a nice Desert Hawk for a fair price.

My only concern is, I’ve seen a lot of negative reviews in regards to the Renegade’s liability. Things like the engine stalling or shutting off while driving. I want to make sure I have the next car that I buy lasts me for a long time. Has anyone here had any problems/would recommend the Renegade, specifically the 2017 model?
I don't have a Desert Hawk. I have a '15 TH and have have almost no problems with it. There were several updates to the software during the first year, but they seem to have that matured now. I'm pleased with how it runs and how the 9 speed transmission works. Yes, I wish it had more power and got better gas milage (and maybe had a bigger gas tank), but that just says it isn't perfect. The only recall I had was to replace the lug wrench (???). If you realize it isn't a Wrangler, I think you'll find it is a fun vehicle to drive and can do light to medium off-roading. Good luck with you decision. Hope to see you on, or off the road, up here in the Pikes Peak region.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts