Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
At least you're using those tow hooks as they are intended! Did you slip off the trail, or did it just get too extreme? By the way, I grew up down in that neck of the woods and still have family in AZ. Where were you when this happened, just curious?

·
Registered
73 Posts
This was my first time using my hooks and hand wench , knowing me... Not the last.My skid plates look used , so does the lower black plastic molding on the doors and fenders some pretty good gouges there too.
Thats why I got the Trailhawk .... For Trails
So what are your thoughts on how it performed? Better or worse than you had hoped?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This was my first time using my hooks and hand wench , knowing me... Not the last.My skid plates look used , so does the lower black plastic molding on the doors and fenders some pretty good gouges there too.
Thats why I got the Trailhawk .... For Trails
So what are your thoughts on how it performed? Better or worse than you had hoped?
Did better than I thought it would.
See my earlier posts under the Trailhawk section

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I took my TH on Box Canyon trail near Florence AZ . The trail is rated a moderate 2.5 . We made it through the box canyon just fine with its boulder and stepped obstacles.When you leave that part of the trail you start a climb over a mountain pass.At about mile 16 it really starts to get steep.So you have to get some momentum going to make these long climbs , which can be dangerous on ridgeline trails that steep. The trail hawk does not have the engine or torquing power to crawl up at a safe speed while keeping your eyes on the trail .At mile 17.5 it was getting too dangerous so I turn back. For sustained climbing trail I would stay on an easy 2.0
For short climbs and obstacles a moderate 2.5 sometimes a 3.0 with very carefull placement .

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.