Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all.
I have a Reny 1.4 FWD Limited edition.
The car is equipped with Clima (not the A/C).

Whenever I set the CLIMA to "auto", the button that prevents outside air come into the cabin, turns off.
When I press this button to enable it again, then the Clima gets out of the "auto" mode.

That is, I cannot have the Clima set to "auto" and also enable the button that prevents the outside air come into the cabin. Its either the one or the other.

Is that how it is supposed to be? Has anyone else noticed that?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And here is a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have the same set-up. My wife wants a higher temp than I like, so we set each side differently.
So far it works fine in auto. I have also noted when another button is selected it disables auto.
I think that is normal. I believe the fresh air is controlled as needed when in auto.

After parking in hot weather the auto will speed up the blower and may go into recirculate until the
pre-set temperatures are reached. It sounds like your system is working normally based on what
happens with mine.

Clifton

·
Super Moderator
3,630 Posts
Hi to all.

Whenever I set the CLIMA to "auto", the button that prevents outside air come into the cabin, turns off.
When I press this button to enable it again, then the Clima gets out of the "auto" mode.

That is, I cannot have the Clima set to "auto" and also enable the button that prevents the outside air come into the cabin. Its either the one or the other.

Usually with these types of climate controls, you set temp to what you like and it picks all the other settings. If you disagree with those settings and change something, like the air being on recirculate, it then stops altering that setting and is no longer in auto mode.

For example, in my last car I would have the following behavior: In the middle of winter the air is very dry and cold. So is the windshield, so it fogs up. I put on the defogging vents, and the climate control thinks that AC must be on to dry out the air. It also believes that you must be using fresh air to defog the windows. I wanted it to do neither so that the car would warm up. So I'd adjust it and it would go out of auto mode. In 10 years of ownership, I disagreed with pretty much EVERY SINGLE assumption made by auto mode. I was so very, very glad to see I didn't have to get it on the TH to get the other features I wanted. Automatic climate control required me to adjust stuff so much more frequently than manual mode. It's stupid.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Usually with these types of climate controls, you set temp to what you like and it picks all the other settings. If you disagree with those settings and change something, like the air being on recirculate, it then stops altering that setting and is no longer in auto mode.

For example, in my last car I would have the following behavior: In the middle of winter the air is very dry and cold. So is the windshield, so it fogs up. I put on the defogging vents, and the climate control thinks that AC must be on to dry out the air. It also believes that you must be using fresh air to defog the windows. I wanted it to do neither so that the car would warm up. So I'd adjust it and it would go out of auto mode. In 10 years of ownership, I disagreed with pretty much EVERY SINGLE assumption made by auto mode. I was so very, very glad to see I didn't have to get it on the TH to get the other features I wanted. Automatic climate control required me to adjust stuff so much more frequently than manual mode. It's stupid.

You may live in a more extreme climate than I do. This is the first car I have had that I can leave in Auto. I have had climate control on all my cars since 1999. It may change when the weather gets more severe though.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Hi to all.

If you do not have A/C the car has no other way to control the temperature other than let in outside air.

·
Super Moderator
3,630 Posts
You may live in a more extreme climate than I do. This is the first car I have had that I can leave in Auto. I have had climate control on all my cars since 1999. It may change when the weather gets more severe though.
More than likely. Also, how bad the fiddling is depends on other aspects of the design, like where they sample air temp, etc.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I don't like auto climate control either. My Renegade has it, but thankfully it works fine in "manual" mode. I can make adjustments I desire by feel and without looking.

It wasn't that way in my wife's (RIP) car. What Raz-O described is what had to be done to adjust a simple setting. I hated the auto climate control in this car (1997 Lexus). I gave the car to my son in law since I didn't want it.

No, I don't want to "ask" my car to set the temperature to xx degrees or depend on an auto setting where the fan speed and thermostat adjust themselves. I enjoy the tactile feel of turning a knob. It's part of the driving experience for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.