Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what is on the dealership check list that they are supposed to look at for final check and prep before I pick up my car. Mine should be here any day. The ETA that I was given was 9/11-9/17 to the dealership. Also does anyone know how long the check/prep takes to do? I have waited since March and am so excited for it to be here. It is so hard even waiting these few last days. I would appreciate knowing what to make sure what I need to check before I leave the dealership. This is my first time buying a brand now car. If it was a Ford Model A I would have no problem since I have 4 and work on them myself, but this is all new to me. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
113 Posts
When I bought mine it was so new on the lot that they did the inspection and detailing after I bought it and while I waited. Someone else will have to tell you everything they do (I didn't find out, I just wanted to drive it out of there at that point), bit it took maybe an hour and a half or something like that.

·
Registered
378 Posts
You will have to assume your dealer knows what they are doing. They have a specific checklist they have to go thru for pre-delivery inspection. Trust that your dealer knows what has to be done. You will know soon enough if that trust is not warranted.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
I don't know that the official PDI checklist is out in the wild.

I can tell you what will likely be done.

Unwrap it.
Take it out of shipping mode.
Possibly wash it down really quickly.
Drive it to get a tank of gas.
That's it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I don't know that the official PDI checklist is out in the wild.

I can tell you what will likely be done.

Unwrap it.
Take it out of shipping mode.
Possibly wash it down really quickly.
Drive it to get a tank of gas.
That's it.
If you are really lucky they will check the fluid levels and tire pressures. But probably not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.