Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a VIN # and was able to get a build sheet. On the sheet I see XPEA Protective Clear Plastic Film-2 and XPHA Protective Clear Film For Rims
I don't remember a place on the ordering site to add this, so is it automatically in the build and what areas does the plastic film cover? Thanks so much if you can let me know.

·
Registered
454 Posts
All aluminum wheels have a basically "Clear Coat" on them. No special care is needed. Just clean your wheels with a good tire and wheel cleaner. And if really dirty a brush as long as it isn't metal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So besides the protective film being on the wheels, where else is the protective film on the car. Just wondering since on the build sheet as 2, I am assuming it is 2 pieces. Is it the hood and ? somewhere else? Is this the same protective film you order after the car is made and put on at the dealership to protect it?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Nope it's just a clear coat that is on all cars. After a car is painted they put a clear coat on it to protect the paint. Otherwise the paint would chip very easy and also not have as much shine to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.