Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 6 speaker system, with 5 inch Connect screen. The radio is fine for my purposes, but the speakers have to go....

Does the head unit have an amp somewhere else in the vehicle, or is it all self contained? I'm guessing that a simple inline rca converter would work to get a signal to an aftermarket amp, and then from there, to new door speakers.

I realize this is all new to everyone since the car is so new, but does anybody have any experience here?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the same setup... not long ago I was crusing thinking "man!, this system sucks!" only to forget I adjusted the sound to only come out only the front speakers as I had the kids riding in the back earlier and forgot to change it back to normal... lol

readjusted the speakers... all is well again lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same setup... not long ago I was crusing thinking "man!, this system sucks!" only to forget I adjusted the sound to only come out only the front speakers as I had the kids riding in the back earlier and forgot to change it back to normal... lol

readjusted the speakers... all is well again lol
It's not actually terrible, for a stock system. It's just not what I'm used to....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you must really like to pump it up... or im just getting old... lol....

as it is, I keep the bass at +5 and my rearview mirror shakes lol
Oh no, I'm not a bass head. I just like sharp crystal clear highs, good miss, and a little bass filled in with a nice punchy 8" sub or something.

I designed my sound system in my last car, and going to a stock system is like putting cotton in my ears.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I designed my sound system in my last car, and going to a stock system is like putting cotton in my ears.
If you look in the Electronics, Audio, & Lighting Forum there are several Threads there where members have already discussed how they have or are going to modify their stereo systems with some very tech information/details. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.