Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking at buying a Renegade, and will be heading to a dealer that has one with the options, trim and color, that I want. In my research(including the "Don't buy a new Renegade" Thread, on this forum) I have found that there are some people experiencing issues with the new vehicle. Namely a Window sound issue, that was fixed by adding a clip, and transmission or software issue which supposedly effected less then 24 cars, and a door locking issue. While some of these do concern me, I am aware that these could be from just a vocal minority. So the questions is, is there anything I should look at or ask about to the dealer about the particular vehicle they have in stock?

Namely where is the clip for window noise\whistling suppose to be, I understand it should be on the drive side, but not 100% sure.

I know they won't necessarily give me straight answers on the transmission, software or locking issues, but is there anything I should look for on this one?

Besides just kicking the tires, anything else I should look for?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Once you find a vehicle you really like with options, etc ask dealer to let you take the Renny home to test it out more, etc. This way you can really check all of the features, etc out and to see if anything happens to door locks, noise, tranny, etc. Do what you can for the 1-2 day test period and go from there:) Some issues still might pop up later or maybe not. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, it is about 50 miles to the dealer, so I doubt they will let me take it for an extended test drive, but I'll ask.

I am curious about the fuel those that have a renegade are using. Jeep recommends premium gas, and the MPG testing has been done using premium gas. Is anyone using regular gas in their Jeep, what type of mpg are you getting? Any harm in using regular instead of Premium?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Thanks for the info, it is about 50 miles to the dealer, so I doubt they will let me take it for an extended test drive, but I'll ask.

I am curious about the fuel those that have a renegade are using. Jeep recommends premium gas, and the MPG testing has been done using premium gas. Is anyone using regular gas in their Jeep, what type of mpg are you getting? Any harm in using regular instead of Premium?
I think they only recommend premium gas for the 1.4 liter turbo. If you are getting the bigger 2.4 liter then regular is fine. I read this direct from the downloadable manual.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone has tried regular in the 1.4L but the MPG would most likely drop and you wouldn't be saving yourself any money.
Yep and I am sure it would not run well. I have owned a couple turbo cars in the past and unless you ran premium the car just ran like crap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.