Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this is tedious but I have some questions for life long fans of jeep and for everyone who was or is interested even after pricing has leaked. (Brand loyalty class) I'm going to use this as part of a report for class.

Happy with pricing?

If you are, why? Do you feel like your getting bang for your buck?

If no, why? Is jeep pricing too close to competing models from the brand? How would you have priced the renegade and why?

Do you feel like jeep is losing its grasp of who they have been for ages?

I personally am ok with the pricing. I will be buying a Sport model. I live in NY(Chelsea Location) and have a Nissan Rouge 14 SV with tech. This will be my first jeep. I am going sport because I know after market I can modify and customize to my liking for much less. I will be changing the rims to ones similar to what's in the TH edition. Removing Jeeps 5IN screen for a larger android based one. I'm ok with cloth seats but will be changing to sport cloth (think Honda SI civic) everything else will be light. Window tints, remote start Etc.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am not happy with the pricing. I feel the starting prices are good but the vehicles at those prices are not well equipped. For example I was expecting to see the Laltitude start just under $20k and a 4x4 Latitude priced at $21 or $22.
The Sport is at a good price but again not well equipped. You don't even get roof racks on the Sport.
I feel everything is overpriced by $2000 and that's how I would have priced it.
Yes I feel the Renegade is priced too closely to the Cherokee.
No I do not feel Jeep has lost its ways. They still have the Wrangler and the Grand Cherokee that have been liked by Jeep enthusiasts for years. If you look at the old xj it is a small SUV just a tad larger than the Renegade but the xj was a well liked and accepted Jeep. Jeep is simply evolving with the times and the changing market.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm happy with the pricing (trailhawk). But that could Change if option add too much. If it doesn't go much over 30k and I like it when I try one then I'm good. However if it starts push 40k with options I'll probably save a year and get a grand Cherokee overland. I don't really like the look of Cherokee.
I would like to look at other options, but if there is an good off-road capable vehicle out there around 30k I couldn't find it, don't much care for the station wagon look of most others out there.

What I'd really like is grand Cherokee comfort on road with wrangler capability off road, but don't think that exists. Renegade looks to be a decent compromise.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not happy with the pricing. I feel the starting prices are good but the vehicles at those prices are not well equipped. For example I was expecting to see the Laltitude start just under $20k and a 4x4 Latitude priced at $21 or $22.
The Sport is at a good price but again not well equipped. You don't even get roof racks on the Sport.
I feel everything is overpriced by $2000 and that's how I would have priced it.
Yes I feel the Renegade is priced too closely to the Cherokee.
No I do not feel Jeep has lost its ways. They still have the Wrangler and the Grand Cherokee that have been liked by Jeep enthusiasts for years. If you look at the old xj it is a small SUV just a tad larger than the Renegade but the xj was a well liked and accepted Jeep. Jeep is simply evolving with the times and the changing market.
Personally I think they could have priced it starting at 14-16K sport. This is an attainable number, and with the interested shoppers this would have translated into flat out domination of this segment. Idk. Clearly I'm not in this business but with incentives etc in looking to take a sport OTD at nothing higher than 16K all incentives included. This could have been kids first car, the jeep for the wife, the man who's been interested but not sure. With all the players in the auto world this would have really really set the standard.

·
Registered
92 Posts
European Pricing

Just to provide the Thread Owner with a sense on what a Renegade is going for on the European side of the pond, let me offer my experience.

I ordered an Opening Edition (essentially a Limited with a bunch of options) with a 2.0L 140hp diesel mated to a 6sp manual. The OE package included 18" wheels, leather, navigation and a number of other options.

My cost after discounts was $30,050 which includes delivery and 27% VAT. If you back out those two pieces, the discounted net comes to roughly $23,500.

Given that cars in Europe typically cost significantly more than the same vehicle in the USA, I feel pretty good about pricing from this side.

Just my two Euro Cents!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just to provide the Thread Owner with a sense on what a Renegade is going for on the European side of the pond, let me offer my experience.

I ordered an Opening Edition (essentially a Limited with a bunch of options) with a 2.0L 140hp diesel mated to a 6sp manual. The OE package included 18" wheels, leather, navigation and a number of other options.

My cost after discounts was $30,050 which includes delivery and 27% VAT. If you back out those two pieces, the discounted net comes to roughly $23,500.

Given that cars in Europe typically cost significantly more than the same vehicle in the USA, I feel pretty good about pricing from this side.

Just my two Euro Cents!
By the way, my OE is also 4x4.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I'm looking at the TrailHawk. That is why all of the other vehicles in the class don't really compare for me (off road suspension, skid plates, crawl gearing etc.) If you are interested in any of the other 3 trims, the competitive field becomes MUCH bigger in my opinion so I can see why many people are a bit vexed.

Personally I'm happy with the price, but that comes with caveats.

If the quality is as good as the Cherokee that's a plus (I will wait for reviews from journalists I trust on that issue).

From what I've seen so far, the capabilities of the TrailHawk surpass what I've seen from the Subaru Crosstrek. If that is not the case, I'll have to reconsider.

If I can walk away from the dealership with a Renegade TrailHawk with leather, navigation, and the Alpine sound system for $30k (about $5k less than a Cherokee with the same options and a V6).

And all of these won't matter if I don't like it when I test drive it.

If all of these wickets are ticked, then I'll be happy with the prices.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Prices are about 2 grand higher than I thought too. Esp + destination fee
I'd agree. I'd also add that at about $27k, a whole lot of options open up in terms of what you can buy that brings in a bunch of other factors that aren't a big deal when yous tick to the limited crop of b-segment vehicles.

Stick to the B segment and cargo capacity is a little low with seats up, but petty solid seats down. Bring in the smaller c segment stuff or some of the even bigger bargains out there, and cargo capacity is a joke.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hillbilly Perspective

IMO the Renegade Sport is competitive when you start pricing base model vehicles in the same class. Keep in mind I could care less about gadgets and doo-dads, I am a Hilbilly after all and I probably dont know how to use most of them anyway. That being said I am more concerned with MPG's and styling that I like. I like the Renegade styling, the only vehicle in this class I like more then the Renegade would be the Mini Countrymen and at base price with AWD and autotrans added (wife requires auto trans) your looking at $25650 for the Countrymen. My budget is at $20k and the Renegade with the two options I want (AWD and auto transmission) comes in at just a tick above that at roughly $21,295, well from what we can tell thus far. I will agree that if you start pricing a TrailHawk and adding options you could very well find a better deal somewhere else.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm with a lot of people here...while I don't think the pricing is all that surprising, I feel the MSRP is just a *tad* bit high for the base of each trim. Hopefully, there are some good dealer incentives and discounts on the Trailhawk. I'm curious to see how much Renegade I can get for under $30K :). That said, it's good to see some positive reviews for the first drive of these things.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm okay with the price. My concern is that I wanted a manual, but I also wanted the capability to tow (lightly).

By lightly, I mean a utility trailer with a dirtbike or some material from Lowes or Home Depot. Before anyone says I need a butch tow vehicle, I have done the above with my 4-cylinder 5-speed Escape for 9 years and ~185,000 trouble-free miles, on the original clutch.

From what I've read, NO towing is possible with the 1.4, correct?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.