Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
So, this happened last week.

I'm getting a little nervous about potential transmission issues, but (fingers crossed) I already have 560 miles on it, with zero hiccups.

The rev-up downshifting for engine braking downhill in "coast" is a little disconcerting at first, but once I understood what it was trying to do, it's just background noise now.

I have a little annoying vibration around 1600-ish RPM's around 11 mph, but I think it's partially due to the tranny trying to decide if I'm stopping or prepping to stomp on the gas, lol.

I got the upgraded audio (506w 9spkr), no nav or MySky (boo).

So far, I absolutely love this little truck. It took some getting used to, I had a Pro4x Frontier. Dropping that V6 was a big change.

I've now gotten really used to how the Renegade delivers acceleration and it's just a matter of getting used to a different way of driving. In the truck, you could be lazy entering a corner or coming up to a hill, because it had the raw torque and power to muscle the truck up the hill or out of a poorly managed corner.

In the Reney - you have to pay attention. Coming up to a hill you have to get on the gas earlier and be proactive. Lazy corners in the Reney that precede a rise or a hill will make you look stupid to all the cars behind you if you aren't ready.

But, like I said, 4 cylinder woes aside, I am in love with the truck. Every time I look outside and see it I smile, I am so happy with the looks and quality so far.

I put it in 4LOW and rolled around a new neighborhood under construction - I know, I'm such a rebel, lol.

Anyways, so happy to finally have her, I just hope her transmission holds out. All the issues popping up are kind of scaring me. I did a lot of review reading and none of the sites even batted an eyelash about the 9 Speed problems. Of course, if you SEARCH for ZF 9 Speed problems, it's heartbreaking.

Luckily, it's a lease, if it breaks repeatedly, they can have it back at the end.

Ok, last attempt at a picture.

Google is evidently VERY picky about what you can and can't direct link to.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats! I'm in a similar mindset. Hesitant because of the problems people have reported. I don't want to be looking for a new car again in the next 5 years. I want whatever car I buy to last a long time.

Just curious, what is your build date? (look at the sticker inside the driver-side doorjamb) Common thought here on the forum is after a 3/15 build date or so, the problems seem to have lessened.

Best of luck! Keep us up to date!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
. . . I've now gotten really used to how the Renegade delivers acceleration and it's just a matter of getting used to a different way of driving. In the truck, you could be lazy entering a corner or coming up to a hill, because it had the raw torque and power to muscle the truck up the hill or out of a poorly managed corner. . .
I know what you mean by "missing" the power. My Challenger has nearly 500 hp and doesn't sweat at all in top gear going up any hill.

But the Renegade has adequate power for a little four cylinder and the transmission seems to find the right gear to keep it in its power band (2,000-4,000 rpm). Sure I'd like an extra 150 hp, but I do like how it drives.

Reactions: LittleRedJeep
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.