Jeep Renegade Forum banner

221 - 240 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Sweet! Maybe my 2015 TH will see a dealer service department after all. I'm not letting them touch ANYTHING else. I wouldn't trust them to replace my recalled wheel stud wrench. I've been checking my fan (and oil level) at least a couple times per week.

I'm sure many people are wondering if they can be reimbursed for fan repairs already completed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I submitted my reimbursement on their online form - I bought the part from a dealership on ebay and had a local place do the service - about 380$ in total parts/labor.

Waiting to see if approved. I think it said up to 60 days.
Do you halen to have a link to the website to submit for reimbursement?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Leaking Antifreeze, warped cylinder head, replaced cooling fan motor

I have a 2016 Jeep Renegade Sport 4x4 purchased in winter of 2016, and have about 30k miles currently. I noticed it was always hot despite the gauge not indicating so. There seems to be jerking when it shifts. And the car performs poorly when the AC is on.

This past April I went to the Jeep dealer I live by to request they look into a potential antifreeze leak (my reservoir is ALWAYs empty) and I had just come in January for an oil change... they were going to charge $84 if there wasn't anything wrong with it...however there was apparently something wrong: my cylinder heads were warped. My car was in the shop for just short of a month; they replaced my gaskets and one cylinder.

I went back this past weekend for my annual state inspection and they told me there was a recall on the cooling fan and replaced my cooling fan motor. They told me it could have been related to my previous issue but they weren't sure.

Has anyone else experienced this? I feel like my car will just go through this all over again when it's actually out of warranty...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 2016 Jeep Renegade Sport 4x4 purchased in winter of 2016, and have about 30k miles currently. I noticed it was always hot despite the gauge not indicating so. There seems to be jerking when it shifts. And the car performs poorly when the AC is on.

This past April I went to the Jeep dealer I live by to request they look into a potential antifreeze leak (my reservoir is ALWAYs empty) and I had just come in January for an oil change... they were going to charge $84 if there wasn't anything wrong with it...however there was apparently something wrong: my cylinder heads were warped. My car was in the shop for just short of a month; they replaced my gaskets and one cylinder.

I went back this past weekend for my annual state inspection and they told me there was a recall on the cooling fan and replaced my cooling fan motor. They told me it could have been related to my previous issue but they weren't sure.

Has anyone else experienced this? I feel like my car will just go through this all over again when it's actually out of warranty...
Glad you got the fan replaced. Just wondering though, did you monitor the actual coolant temperature via the dash readout options (not the default gauge in the display). If so, what temps were you seeing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got my recall notice this week for my 2016 jeep renegade latitude I bought at the end of 2016. I scheduled the repair for next week. I have not noticed any temp changes or abnormal behavior. I am almost at 41k miles. Weird.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Fan replaced

I just had my fan replaced the other week (2016 Trailhawk, 34,000 miles). I haven't seen a recall come through for my VIN yet but hopefully it does so I can get reimbursed!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I just had my fan replaced the other week (2016 Trailhawk, 34,000 miles). I haven't seen a recall come through for my VIN yet but hopefully it does so I can get reimbursed!
It probably will. The notices are being sent out, and vin's are being announced in stages.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just got my notice today. Interesting that is doesnt specifically say the fan will be replaced regardless of condition....if a dealer inspects the fan and its not wobbling or showing signs of failure they may do nothing.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
398 Posts
Just got my notice today. Interesting that is doesnt specifically say the fan will be replaced regardless of condition....if a dealer inspects the fan and its not wobbling or showing signs of failure they may do nothing.

Be persistent. It's well known that the early fans are prone to fail, odds are high they are aware of this also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Could someone please direct me to an official recall notice of the cooling fan from Jeep (USA)? I am in Australia (& own a 2015 Longitude, purchased by me new) and cannot find any local information about this. Have checked my VIN and it shows no recalls for this, there is also no mention of it on the Product Safety Australia website where recalls are listed. To say I alarmed at this is an understatement as my car is out of it's 3yr warranty now. Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Could someone please direct me to an official recall notice of the cooling fan from Jeep (USA)? I am in Australia (& own a 2015 Longitude, purchased by me new) and cannot find any local information about this. Have checked my VIN and it shows no recalls for this, there is also no mention of it on the Product Safety Australia website where recalls are listed. To say I alarmed at this is an understatement as my car is out of it's 3yr warranty now. Thanks

You might try https://www.mopar.com/en-us.html
BBM

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for that, but it does not show this specific recall issue on that MOPAR link. On the nhtsa.gov site it shows under "complaints", but not listed under actual recalls ...

·
Registered
223 Posts

I got the letter for the recall in the mail but threw it out because I already had it replaced under warranty...

It's listed as 2015-2017 VM BU FB Engine Cooling Fan; FCA Recall # V54 as a Customer Satifaction Recall. Part number recalled is: 68360299AA

https://m.dealerconnect.chrysler.com/dealerconnect/portal/bzcontent/Parts/RecallStatusGuide.pdf

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got the letter for the recall in the mail but threw it out because I already had it replaced under warranty...

It's listed as 2015-2017 VM BU FB Engine Cooling Fan; FCA Recall # V54 as a Customer Satifaction Recall. Part number recalled is: 68360299AA
Thanks for that, the information was useful to me.

I just sent a letter to Jeep Australia inquiring about the status of this recall in Australia. Will post back when I have a reply.

Question: Has anyone else in Australia had this issue?

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 2016 was out of warranty. I paid a local shop to replace it $633.79. The notice I received gives direction on how to apply for reimbursement ! Submitted online, crossing my fingers....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dropped off my 2016 this morning, got a call 1.5 hrs later recall was complete, fan was replaced :)

Mine has 26k miles on it so not complaining the newer part was installed.....I have been worried about fan failure occuring at some point in the future.

221 - 240 of 277 Posts