Jeep Renegade Forum banner

281 - 300 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Could someone provide a photo of what the new fan looks like for comparison? I got a letter in the mail about this a few weeks back. Stuck it on my fridge and forgot about it. I'm at 50k and I haven't had any issues so far with overheating or vibration.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Could someone provide a photo of what the new fan looks like for comparison? I got a letter in the mail about this a few weeks back. Stuck it on my fridge and forgot about it. I'm at 50k and I haven't had any issues so far with overheating or vibration.
I would get it replaced under the recall. You never know when the fan will decide to roll over and play dead. Mine was replaced a couple of months ago at around 80K, it took 1.5 hours from start to finish. I will try to get a picture today once the snow stops.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Here is the new fan assembly. Hope the picture is ok.

IMG_2086.JPG

·
Registered
1 Posts
My NHTSA filing I made last year is being used in the class action lawsuit. Thank you for posting this it will be interesting to follow.
My NHTSA filing I made last year is being used in the class action lawsuit. Thank you for posting this it will be interesting to follow.
We are going Friday to replace our THIRD thermostat in 11 months. I bought a 2015 Renegade with 37k miles in March 2019 and got the cooling fan recall fixed when we found out about it at Christmas time. Now we are getting our third thermostat and I’m about to hit the roof. Of course I can’t trade the stupid car because I have a loan so I’m just stuck getting three thermostats a year til the car dies I guess ?

·
Registered
172 Posts
The extended warranty was the best thing you can do for 2015. $100 up front and they cover the rest.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Had mine replaced yesterday under the recall. Mine wasn't having any issues, but I'm glad it's done. I also had them check on any flash updates on the tranny. They reviewed the history on the VIN and it had 5 updates done during their safety check when it came into inventory. Still shifts hard from time to time. Not a big fan of these 9 speed transmissions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Class action lawsuit for the Renegade Cooling Fan was filed on Feb 11 2019 in the IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF MICHIGAN.
Google::: Case 2:19-cv-10417-NGE-EAS ::: to read the filing
Do you know what law firm is handling the cooling fan and transmission law suit? I purchased a brand new 2015 jeep renegade latitude and I am having both issues.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is a recall on the fan, not sure what the class action lawsuit is about on the fan. If your VIN shows that your 2015 needs to have the fan replaced it should replaced free of charge. My fan was replaced at about 80K miles. Check with a Jeep dealer, they should be able to help you.

The transmission class action resulted in the 2015 transmission years extended to 6 years from 5. The mileage remains at 100K.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is a recall on the fan, not sure what the class action lawsuit is about on the fan. If your VIN shows that your 2015 needs to have the fan replaced it should replaced free of charge. My fan was replaced at about 80K miles. Check with a Jeep dealer, they should be able to help you.

The transmission class action resulted in the 2015 transmission years extended to 6 years from 5. The mileage remains at 100K.
DGR, Thank you once again for discovering a lovely little nugget of info. Though I have no issues with my Renegade, OH WAIT
  • A whistling window
  • No sliding dinner table in the boot
  • No torch in the boot
  • No ejector seat for the Wife
Seriously, I have no isses but I called my local Jeep dealership and the Service department is now closed till Monday whereby they will receive a call from me.

I believe that it is worthwhile asking if your vehicle is included in the recall though it appears to be OK, just on the off-chance that if it fails at a later date and the main contributary factor is indeed a known fault, that I am out of time for a repair.

Some forum members may suggest, "leave it alone if it's not broken" and I do agree most times with that thought process.

However, If you knew your domestic smoke alarm was not working and it could be replaced free of charge within 30 minutes would fail to accept that and decline a new one? If your washing machine/tumble drier had a recall as it was known to ignite with an accumulation of dust drying out a bearing and causing overheating, then causing a fire, would you not have it checked out?

In this instance, my fan is working perfectly well but I am having it checked. The worst the Dealership can say is that it needs replaced under a recall and its free. (y)(y)(y)

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts

Great advice. (y)

·
Registered
45 Posts
The answer to my question may have been answered already but since this thread goes back to the beginning of time, I'm going to ask anyway. Many apologies....

I finally got a call from the dealership saying I have a recall on the cooling fan. I replaced the fan myself over a year ago when it decided to stop spinning.

I started the process for reimbursement but the form, and the process, assume the work was done at a garage.

How do you get a reimbursement if you replaced the recall affected part on your own?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
The answer to my question may have been answered already but since this thread goes back to the beginning of time, I'm going to ask anyway. Many apologies....

I finally got a call from the dealership saying I have a recall on the cooling fan. I replaced the fan myself over a year ago when it decided to stop spinning.

I started the process for reimbursement but the form, and the process, assume the work was done at a garage.

How do you get a reimbursement if you replaced the recall affected part on your own?
I would take the reimbursement form and any receipts you have to a dealer and talk with the service manager. I have seen where people had replaced the fan on their own were reimbursed.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I would ask your local garage to assist and write you an invoice for work carried out. ;);)

Reimbursement may cost you a donation to their biscuit and tea tin (y)(y)

281 - 300 of 300 Posts