Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gone out to my Renegade awhile after I have shut the Jeep off and left. When I return to my Renegade, my radio is playing. Most of the time it shuts off as soon as I open the door, but I guess a few times I haven't noticed it turning off. I am really not interested in going out to a dead battery. Anyone having this issue? Anything I can do to fix it?

· Registered
753 Posts
Hrm... There's an option within the Uconnect menus for defining whether or not your radio shuts off instantly, or shuts off in 20 minutes.

Mine is set for shutting off after 20 minutes. However, as soon as I open the (driver's) door to get out it turns itself off.

Not recalling where in the menus this options is, atm... Maybe check and change yours to instant-off, and see if it behaves any differently?

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Mine is set to turn off after so many minutes (forget how many), but it always turns off as soon as I open the driver's door. Mine has nearly 3,000 miles so far in 3 1/2 months ownership.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no idea what causes it. The only thing that I can think of is if I'm running in somewhere quick * I live in a VERY small town in the south* then I will leave my purse in the Jeep. Inside my purse is my second key. I can't imagine that has anything to do with it. I know it senses when my key is close, because my phone will start charging again as soon as I get to the door.

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
I have no idea what causes it. The only thing that I can think of is if I'm running in somewhere quick * I live in a VERY small town in the south* then I will leave my purse in the Jeep. Inside my purse is my second key. I can't imagine that has anything to do with it. I know it senses when my key is close, because my phone will start charging again as soon as I get to the door.
Well, it's a a key, so I would expect it to keep things going. Kind of like if I put my actual key key into the accessory position.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, it's a a key, so I would expect it to keep things going. Kind of like if I put my actual key key into the accessory position.
Right....But the key would sitting in my purse in the back seat, or inside my house.

And no, I do not have the push button start. Just a regular key fob, with pop out key.

This happens with the ignition in the off position, no key in the car, and after I've opened the door to exit. 45 minutes later - It will still be playing. I turn the car on, then off again, it will still be playing. It doesn't happen every time though.

· Registered
753 Posts
I have the same set up on my Lat as well.
Sounds like something's not right then... Maybe something in the ignition switch not recognizing you've turned-off and removed the key. Very strange.

I haven't experienced anything yet, that would make me think the vehicle recognizes when my key-fob is close by. As far as I've noticed, I'm pretty sure if I've got my phone connected to the USB port it stops charging as soon as I turn-off and remove the key. And doesn't start charging again just because I'm close-by with a key-fob. I'll pay closer attention tonight when I get home from work.

May be something the dealer should look at. Certainly don't want to get outside to a bone-dead battery, :(

· Registered
753 Posts
As far as I've noticed, I'm pretty sure if I've got my phone connected to the USB port it stops charging as soon as I turn-off and remove the key. And doesn't start charging again just because I'm close-by with a key-fob
So I've made a point to pay close attention to how things behave in my Lat past couple nights. When I turn the key off the radio will stay on (due to my 20-minute setting) but the phone stops taking a charge instantly.

Once I open the driver's door the radio stops, and nothing comes back, radio or phone-charging, until I insert a key and turn things on.

Have a chance to speak with the dealer yet? I'm curious as to what it could be.

· Registered
2 Posts
We picked ours up Friday and Saturday morning after disabling radio auto-on, hubs comes in to tell me he disabled it so we can see if the radio comes back on next time (we're very annoyed that the radio keeps coming on in spite of the radio set to be off at startup, btw).

Anyway, we go out to the car half an hour later and the lights are on and the radio is blasting. No key in the car, doors locked. Is this the same thing that's happening in your cars? Has anyone got an answer or fix from their dealer?

For only having our Jeep since Friday evening, we already have a nice list of problems, unfortunately. We're hoping they're all able to be fixed.

· Registered
82 Posts
Hi Laura
Have the same problem that I have set the radio to OFF but every time I start her up the radio/media comes on.
When the last thing at night you are listening too is Black Sabbath at full volume its a bit of a shock to automatically get it at 6am.

· Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Hi Laura
Have the same problem that I have set the radio to OFF but every time I start her up the radio/media comes on.
When the last thing at night you are listening too is Black Sabbath at full volume its a bit of a shock to automatically get it at 6am.
There is nothing wrong with listening to Black Sabbath regardless of the time of day.

· Registered
83 Posts
I have my radio set to go off after 20 minutes however when i open the door it also immediately turns off.
But the power is retained. If I push the power button, it will turn the radio back on again after opening the door.

A couple of times after shutting the engine off, leaving the vehicle and going in to work, I received calls on my phone and they were playing through the handsfree in the car.

· Registered
68 Posts
Hi Laura
I have that problem too. My settings are (a) no radio-delay at engine-off, and (b) don't recall last status. Also, I manually switch off the radio before stopping the engine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.