Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Jeep Renegade and my original screen cracked. Instead of spending almost 1000 at the dealer to get it replaced, I bought one off of eBay that came from a totaled car.

I am wondering how to program it and what all do I need to do? I am new to this and was hoping someone can walk me threw what all needs to be done.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have not resaerched your topic but I can offer my experience on another car.

Same as you the screen was smashed on my Vauxhall Vectra 4 weeks after getting hit by the fishing rods. Dealership wanting a fortune to replace it. Scrapyard gave me a replacement in my hand for £20 and it was a colour one instead of black and green. Sadly it wasn't compatible so I sold it for £80 on Ebay (y)(y)(y)

A second visit got me the correct one for £10.

Youtube provided a video and I was lucky that a Vauxhall users forum like this provided a detailed step by step "idiots guide to dismantling the screen".

From what I recall, once I had access to the screen by removing the surrounding facia it was a couple of screws with security heads that needed removed in order that the screen can be held in your hands. Next was the most amazing part and certainly will never cost the money that a dealership will tell you.

The screen was held onto it's motherboard by another couple of security screws and a micro grey strip cable connecting the screen and board for the info transfer. Once unclipped it was now the reverse procedure to reassemble it. No reprogramming required.

It likely too me 20 minutes and I am not an auto electrician therefore IMHO have a good search around all the Jeep forums and don't spend too much money.

Hopefully someone will be along shortly that can provide the necessary steps required to replace your Renegade screen. I will be following the topic as well.

·
Super Moderator
3,029 Posts

and enjoy the forum!
If you don't just change the screen {Cheapest way to go} the dealer will have to code it to your Jeep. Install it your self first to save some cash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts