Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had issues with 2 different phone - 1 was Iphone XR and new phone is Google 3a XL

When plugged into USB port Uconnect freezes; meaning the Maps, Music etc...it shuts down and restarts. Also every thing else freezes up, buttons behind the steering wheel, volume and whatever is playing on the radio too. So I took to dealer when oil changed was needed when I had Iphone, I was told it was the phone or cord. So, I ended up getting a new phone (it was time anyways) the Google 3a XL and guess what..did the same..brand new phone, brand new cord!

So decide to call Uconnect/Chrysler and was told to go to a different dealer so I did, I was told it was the radio(multiple codes came up) so a new one was ordered and installed. Problem fixed..?? Nope, the very next day after new radio installed did the same exact thing and the radio stayed on when I shut the Jeep off and opened the door.....Called dealer; brought it back the next Monday(1 week after new radio installed)..

Just got back today(after 5 days) of "investigating" and it was resolved by dealer that it was my phone.....ugh...Now I await Chrysler to call me Tuesday to see of any other reported issues with the Google phones and then to go from there......very frustrated that I have a 2019 with only 12.5K on it and the features I pay for don't even work!!

So.....after all that detailed info...anyone else with same issue or any advice?? TIA!!

Will keep updated!

·
Registered
2018 Renegade Latitude
18 Posts
I have had issues with 2 different phone - 1 was Iphone XR and new phone is Google 3a XL

When plugged into USB port Uconnect freezes; meaning the Maps, Music etc...it shuts down and restarts. Also every thing else freezes up, buttons behind the steering wheel, volume and whatever is playing on the radio too. So I took to dealer when oil changed was needed when I had Iphone, I was told it was the phone or cord. So, I ended up getting a new phone (it was time anyways) the Google 3a XL and guess what..did the same..brand new phone, brand new cord!

So decide to call Uconnect/Chrysler and was told to go to a different dealer so I did, I was told it was the radio(multiple codes came up) so a new one was ordered and installed. Problem fixed..?? Nope, the very next day after new radio installed did the same exact thing and the radio stayed on when I shut the Jeep off and opened the door.....Called dealer; brought it back the next Monday(1 week after new radio installed)..

Just got back today(after 5 days) of "investigating" and it was resolved by dealer that it was my phone.....ugh...Now I await Chrysler to call me Tuesday to see of any other reported issues with the Google phones and then to go from there......very frustrated that I have a 2019 with only 12.5K on it and the features I pay for don't even work!!

So.....after all that detailed info...anyone else with same issue or any advice?? TIA!!

Will keep updated!
Are you using the USB to charge the phone or trying to connect it to the Uconnect? If it is just to charge the phone you might need a cord that doesn't have DATA capability. As in "Charge Only".

Reactions: Mrsig
1 - 2 of 2 Posts