Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have the uconnect 5.0.. I notice as I drive around, my radio volume fluctuates a lot.. when I’m stopped it’s real loud, as soon as I hit the gas it lowers itself. I tried messing with the speed adjusted volume settings, but they do nothing or just make it worse. Anyone else have this issue? is there any way to turn the whole speed adjusted volume thing completely off and just have a normal radio? I’ve tried every setting in the menu, nothing seems to work.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Sounds like the REVERSE of Speed Control Volume.....if OP wrote it correctly.
It may seem like it. I haven't been able to reproduce it, but I've run into a situation where the speed sensitive volume changes don't exactly invert, but they lag behind the actual vehicle behavior so that in stop and go traffic, you do wind up with the volume ramping up from your acceleration just when you slow down again.

Turning the speed sensitive volume off for a bit and then on after having parked the vehicle seemed to put it back to normal, but it was odd.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah my problem is, I did turn the speed adjusted volume off in the menu settings, but it seems to be working in the reverse instead now. It gets lower when I’m driving and louder when I’m stopped. If I turn it back on, it just adds wierd.. you can noticeably hear it get louder at totally random times. I’ve tried all 3 settings, each one has a mind of it’s own.

It's just a minor annoyance really, don't know if it's my radio or if I'm just crazy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Speed adjusted volume is made to get louder with noise and speed outside the vehicle. Faster you go, the more noise, so radio gets louder. If you turn it off, and speed up there will be more road noise, but the volume will not increase, giving you the sense that the radio volume is lowering. In turn, when you slow down, the road noise will lower, giving the impression that the radio is getting louder. Essentially it is not the radio volume adjusting, it is that road noise, in a way playing mind tricks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Speed adjusted volume is made to get louder with noise and speed outside the vehicle. Faster you go, the more noise, so radio gets louder. If you turn it off, and speed up there will be more road noise, but the volume will not increase, giving you the sense that the radio volume is lowering. In turn, when you slow down, the road noise will lower, giving the impression that the radio is getting louder. Essentially it is not the radio volume adjusting, it is that road noise, in a way playing mind tricks.
^^^Nailed it.

At first I thought mine was just staying at a louder volume when decreasing in speed, however it is definitely the vehicle and road noise that we tend to shrug off because we are used to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.