Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have noticed when i drive on rough road there is a rattle that comes from the rear on the cap, I think it is coming from the boot area but im not quite sure.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if so how to fix it. There is nothing in my boot or rear of the car in regards to my possessions that could make this notice as i have taken everything out of the car.

thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rattle From the Boot Area HELP!!

Hi guys, when driving I can hear a rattling noise coming from the inside of my car at the rear, in the boot area. I have no idea at all where it is coming from :/. I have no tire repair kit in the back and the boot is totally empty but yet there is still this noise. Any ideas at all where it could be coming from? Really need some help on this.

Thanks, Oliver

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Go out in the Jeep, four up, no music, blower etc on and listen for the noise. With four in the vehicle, you should be able to determine where the noise is coming from. We used to do this at Renault when nobody could work out where the noise was coming from.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea that sounds like the best idea guys, I've had one person in the back but they were still unsure of the exact cause, I thought maybe it might be coming from behind them plastic grills in the boot.

·
Registered
124 Posts
This is going to sound odd, but it is what happened on my Renegade - even prior to installing the Daystar 1.5" lift kit. Crawl/look underneath and check your exhaust pipe and driveshaft, particularly the balance weight. On mine, the balancing weight on the driveshaft was rubbing against the exhaust pipe. This was intermittent, would be quiet when in 4x4 and sometimes show up when just driving down the highway on dry roads. First time it happened, it scared the crap out of me as to what was wrong and I could not find anywhere that it rubbing, rattling, or anything. The next time it was raining out and I was on my way to work, pulled over and still found nothing. Crawled under it on a dry day and saw a rub line on the exhaust pipe that runs along the driveshaft, looked on the driveshaft and found spots where the black paint was rubbed off. Took it to an exhaust shop that I have used numerous times before, he replaced a section of the pipe and moved things over a bit, and it has not happened since. Erik

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I see an opportunity to slide underneath and see what you've bought and see how it all works. I always have a good time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.