Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have been experiencing a subtle rattling sound on and off for the past 2 weeks. It seemed to be coming from the passenger's dash area. I searched every nook and cranny for a loose piece of plastic or something not tied down. I was planning to contact the dealer later today since I've only had the Jeep for 1 month.

So then I park my Jeep at work after leaving for lunch, go to the passenger seat to remove my briefcase, and as I'm removing it from the Jeep, I bump the rear-view mirror in the center of the windshield and knock it out whack. When I moved it back in place, I felt something wrapped around the bar that ties the mirror to the windshield, a loose piece of plastic. It was a zip tie that was never fully removed. There must have been a tag hanging from the mirror at the dealership, but it was just yanked off and never removed properly.

Guess what? No more rattling sound!!!

Just a heads up in case anyone else is experiencing and similar issue and had a lazy dealer.

I'm loving this Jeep though!

·
Registered
210 Posts
My only rattle when the Ren. was new was from the area of the passenger seat, turns out the pillar between front and rear was either missing some insulation or needed some type of tightening. Dealer took care of it on first visit to their local service department. Glad to have it gone. Was bad in cold weather.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My Sport had developed a rattle just above passenger air bag cover area.
I'd removed every trim piece, even partially undone dash on one side to figure out where the rattle came from.
Come to find out it was the skin of dashboard making contact with air bag box insulation every time I'd hit a cracks or joints on tarmac.
A quick shove between dashboard skin and whatever beneath it, through pass window defogger vent, with a panel removal plastic tool (long like 8 inches) put to rest all that racket.

Cheers...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.