Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I connect a phone to the usb for recharging, I get intermittent "Reading USB" messages on the Uconnect (5.0) and at the same time the music turns off. I press the Radio button to make the message go away but then it comes back up after awhile. Every now and then it just starts playing stuff off the phone. I would think that I should have to SELECT the phone to actually play stuff off it instead of the Uconnect assuming I want to play stuff off the phone.

Anyway to stop this?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Whenever I connect a phone to the usb for recharging, I get intermittent "Reading USB" messages on the Uconnect (5.0) and at the same time the music turns off. I press the Radio button to make the message go away but then it comes back up after awhile. Every now and then it just starts playing stuff off the phone. I would think that I should have to SELECT the phone to actually play stuff off it instead of the Uconnect assuming I want to play stuff off the phone.

Anyway to stop this?

I'm not versed in the iPhone procedure, but on Android you can switch to a "charge only" mode when plugged into USB. The procedure to do this varies slightly depending on the Android version. This would prevent Unconnect from detecting it as a media player at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.