Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the United States, car reliability figures generally come from surveys, such as Consumer Reports, J.D. Power indexes, and TrueDelta.com. Some of the problems of using surveys are listed in Allpar’s article on problems of Consumer Reports survey methods. :ReneBlueWave:

This typical US american car reliability figurs come from surveys are pretty worthless considering it's asking people how they feel about a brand new car they've married and has only had real tags on for approximately 60 days. A 90 day survey hardly represents enough time to test a car out. Particularly nowdays, it could be a bad delivery that people never really learned how to use the infotainment that downrates a decent car.
To understand the quality of a car you look better at

Real World FCA Reliability: UK ;)
http://allparnews.com/index.php/2015/06/real-world-fca-reliability-uk-29018

·
Registered
953 Posts
I think that there are strengths and weaknesses of both systems. The important thing is to look at a number of different sources to inform you instead of taking one as better or worse than all the rest. With confirmation bias, we are likely to seek out whichever report affirms are own beliefs.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Fiat have not got the best record for reliability here in the UK. It is not a recent thing either, as it has been going on for some years. There are some that say FIAT stands for Fix It Again Tony. There is an element of both truth and humour in there.

When you look at the FCA umbrella and the cars that are near the wrong end of the table, it does put some folk off from even going for a test drive, never mind placing an order.

Chrysler have stopped importing cars to the UK. Whether or not they start importing them at a later date remains to be seen, but I won't hold my breath.

Recently the Fiat 500 was plagued with a problem. The cars lacked power to get up hills. I'm not joking. It was the subject of discussion on the BBC television programme 'Watchdog'. The engine in question was the 1.2 litre in the entry level model. Luckily the Renegades won't have this 1.2 engine. Fiat denied there was a problem in the beginning. Eventually Fiat gave in and said there was a problem. Bad customer pr.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I don't ever take one source. I read many sources and take an "average'. JD is only good for short term and CR tends to update its system and the years go on up to ten years. You can see the results in their annual reports.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.