Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife picked out the anvil color. I didn’t much care for it at first but love it now. Some days it looks blue some days it’s charcoal turquoise. Once I get my carbon fiber hood decal I can take it off road and scratch the hell out of my new wheels and paint. Can’t wait

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hmmm... What model year is that? Because I didn't (and still don't) see Anvil as a color choice for 2021.

I really liked Anvil when it was available on Renegades for the first few years. I thought -- and still think -- it looked really unique and distinctive.

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, it hasn't been available for a few years now. When we were shopping for our 2021 Trailhawk, at first I though Sting-Gray would be a good substitute. Until we actually saw it in the sun, and it looked...greenish.

So we chose Granite Crystal Metallic. I hesitated with metallic, because it can be tricky to touch up. But we're real happy with the color.

I've got mixed feelings about getting it scratched up -- but I will be using it off-road here in Colorado... :p

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
712 Posts
My wife picked out the anvil color. I didn’t much care for it at first but love it now. Some days it looks blue some days it’s charcoal turquoise. Once I get my carbon fiber hood decal I can take it off road and scratch the hell out of my new wheels and paint. Can’t wait View attachment 2396350861 View attachment 2396350862
Looking sharp! Same color as mine as well! At first I didn’t care for it much, but it grew on me as well!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hmmm... What model year is that? Because I didn't (and still don't) see Anvil as a color choice for 2021.

I really liked Anvil when it was available on Renegades for the first few years. I thought -- and still think -- it looked really unique and distinctive.

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, it hasn't been available for a few years now. When we were shopping for our 2021 Trailhawk, at first I though Sting-Gray would be a good substitute. Until we actually saw it in the sun, and it looked...greenish.

So we chose Granite Crystal Metallic. I hesitated with metallic, because it can be tricky to touch up. But we're real happy with the color.

View attachment 2396350866

I've got mixed feelings about getting it scratched up -- but I will be using it off-road here in Colorado... :p
[/QUOTEChrysler is bad about changing names of colors over the years, I know here in Oklahoma I see a lot of Renegades in Anvil color (y)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Chrysler is bad about changing names of colors over the years, I know here in Oklahoma I see a lot of Renegades in Anvil color (y)
I also see a lot of Anvil, but I don't think it's been available for a few years. In any case, I haven't seen it on the Configurator on the Jeep Renegade web site in at least a couple years. Just about the time that Granite Crystal Metallic showed up...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

It’s a 2018.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Yea I am seeing that they are making the bronco or blazer one in the anvil color. They have their own anvil I guess but one pulled up beside me the other day and looked exactly the same as mine. The color really grew on me. My favorite color was the stone metallic but after seeing many around my area I like that I’m the only anvil I’ve seen within my two counties. 😀. I did see one at a car lotthe other day. Hope no one buys it. Lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

We don’t have as good as places to go off road as Colorado here in Kentucky. Buthave took on a trail and also the front axel is popping. Look like it’s the pitch from this rc 2” lift. Idk if anyone else has had this problem but I believe she is gonna wear out soon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah I got a couple on it now. Those pics are after I put a ceramic coat on it so I do try to proctect it but going off road can’t ever keep it looking perfect. Once I got that first chip in the front I was kinda like “I don’t like this.” Lol

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
My wife picked out the anvil color.

Once I get my carbon fiber hood decal I can take it off road and scratch the hell out of my new wheels and paint. Can’t wait
cough, cough Your Wife picked HER Jeep.

Don't think she will take too kindly to you scratching HER Jeep.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:(y)

"Dope"? Is that good? (Same as "Ba-a-a-d!"?)

And what does the Air Force have to do with it? ;)
"Dope AF" using an urban dictionary translates to "Silly as freck". (a misprint) So strange :unsure::cry:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts