Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

New here and just got a 2018 TH a few months ago. I was looking in the owner's manual and noticed that I could change the cargo outlet from key on power to constant. But the only problem is that I don't have a rear cargo 12V power. Maybe it wasn't an option on my TH? I just have a circle plastic cover. Any ideas of the best way to wire one in? Or pictures of how your factory one is installed? Would like to have an option for constant power and looking for advice. Thanks

P.s I just have the front key on 12v and the rear inverter outlet for the back seat

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi,
In attach you can find a pictures of my wife Renegade 2.0L Diesel Trailhawk (Eur. Spec.). Is has a 12v power outlet on the rear cargo, covered by a plastic cover that flips when I push it, in order to make accessible the socket.
Are you sure that you only have a plastic cover, and not a 12v socket bellow it?

How can I "change the cargo outlet from key on power to constant"?.
Best regards,

Bruno
Germany

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have seen the parts listed here or on the JROG facebook group. The wire is there and it's 2 parts, outlet and cover I think. Seemed like install was easy enough.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
In attach you can find a pictures of my wife Renegade 2.0L Diesel Trailhawk (Eur. Spec.). Is has a 12v power outlet on the rear cargo, covered by a plastic cover that flips when I push it, in order to make accessible the socket.
Are you sure that you only have a plastic cover, and not a 12v socket bellow it?

Best regards,

Bruno
Germany
Yeah I popped the plastic piece off and nothing was there. Thanks for the pic, I'm thinking I might use a connect a fuse and use the F7 location under that panel

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yeah I popped the plastic piece off and nothing was there. Thanks for the pic, I'm thinking I might use a connect a fuse and use the F7 location under that panel

hey look up the specs i believe it is supposed to have one so the dealer should install one under warranty. attached is pix of mine

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hi,

Best regards,

Bruno
Germany
usa and german models have them why wouldnt they all have them? something fishy here.....was yours made in china?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey look up the specs i believe it is supposed to have one so the dealer should install one under warranty. attached is pix of mine
I called jeep wave the other day to see if it should have been installed and they couldn't find anything. Attached is my window sticker. Bought in USA

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
340 Posts
I called jeep wave the other day to see if it should have been installed and they couldn't find anything. Attached is my window sticker. Bought in USA

Look in your owners manual its in there. I bought mine in Nevada. Didn't you say the hole was there in yours but no outlet? Did you call jeep customer care?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just received my 18' Lat a few weeks ago. We are victims of "De-contenting".

Thought the same as others, where is my rear 12V outlet. Just a dummy plug. Interestingly enough, removing the access cover will show that the harness is there, and simply plugged into this plastic dummy part. No outlet. $ 0.001 saved!

While back there, also noticed my cargo area only has 1 light, NOT 2! $ 0.05 saved!

And to round it out, installing my mopar slush mats, the passenger side carpet does not have the clips or posts that snap into the mat to hold it in place. So now the passenger side slush mat has two exposed holes. Guess I can find something to plug them up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just received my 18' Lat a few weeks ago. We are victims of "De-contenting".

Thought the same as others, where is my rear 12V outlet. Just a dummy plug. Interestingly enough, removing the access cover will show that the harness is there, and simply plugged into this plastic dummy part. No outlet. $ 0.001 saved!

While back there, also noticed my cargo area only has 1 light, NOT 2! $ 0.05 saved!

And to round it out, installing my mopar slush mats, the passenger side carpet does not have the clips or posts that snap into the mat to hold it in place. So now the passenger side slush mat has two exposed holes. Guess I can find something to plug them up.
Ouch.. I've noticed the same with the rear light. Maybe I'll get around to finding a solution for that. Good to know the plugs are still there

·
Registered
507 Posts
I could understand some of the parts "missing" if you got a base bare bones model. But I thought the Latitude (of which I own and I have both lights and outlet) was a step or two above base.

Are these what-once-was-stock parts being eliminated as a cost savings measure ? If so, shouldn't the owners be notified and given the option to add them before taking delivery ? Not a "not no mo" surprise when you get home and already signed your paperwork, leaving the costly option to add it on yourself ?

I'll bet you're not missing any of the asinine Easter eggs, though... I still flip off that stupid spider every time I fill up. Somehow that stupid little tid-bit made it through several staff meetings, paid a team to design the thing, paid a team to discuss what it would "say", paid a team to do the CAD work, paid a team to design the mold, paid a team to create the mold. Several approvals across several desks along the way until final production, of course.

But we gotta save money, let's not put in 12v outlets anymore. That spider was costly.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I was curious about the second cargo area light as well. Something tells me the wiring harness isn't there (like it is for the 12v outlet). It would definitely be nice to get that added.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a marine 12v outlet and wired it into the fuse box located in the driver side rear panel. I used a fuse tap and selected an always-on terminal in the fuse box. I also bought a cargo light from Ebay (Fiat lights are the same as Jeep) and a connector from a junk yard. I tapped into the cargo light on the drivers side and ran a wire to the passenger side. Works great.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm just curious. Did your vehicle come with a spare tire or the flat fix kit. The rear outlet is supposed to be there for the air compressor that comes with the kit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
punch in your VIN on this website and see what it says - it's supposed to show you the build sheet/equipment listing from FCA. make sure you use CAPS for the VIN. mine has the rear 12v outlet and shows it listed as "Auxiliary 12-Volt Rear Power Outlet". It also only shows "Cargo Compartment Lamp", not "Lamps", yet mine has one on each side. mine is a 2017 limited

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
punch in your VIN on this website and see what it says - it's supposed to show you the build sheet/equipment listing from FCA. make sure you use CAPS for the VIN. mine has the rear 12v outlet and shows it listed as "Auxiliary 12-Volt Rear Power Outlet". It also only shows "Cargo Compartment Lamp", not "Lamps", yet mine has one on each side.

Thanks for the link but it was not listed. Only the regular 12v and the aux 115v. I'll just have to install like the previous post...When I get time to do so lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
It looks like they stopped throwing them in the 2018 models. Most, if not all, of the posts I've seen about ppl not having this plug is '18+.
I have no real data to back this up though...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi,

Best regards,

Bruno
Germany
I changed mine to constant. You have to add a fuse to the fuse box under the hood. I believe it’s in the owners manual. I’ll have to check mine in the daylight.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts