Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
After reading this post I have to add a warning. The fix a flat kit with pump that comes with the vehicle will not work on the front 12V outlet. It will blow the 7.5A fuse.

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

Thanks for the information.

...were you able to get the tire inflated? What power source did you end up using?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I could understand some of the parts "missing" if you got a base bare bones model. But I thought the Latitude (of which I own and I have both lights and outlet) was a step or two above base.

Are these what-once-was-stock parts being eliminated as a cost savings measure ? If so, shouldn't the owners be notified and given the option to add them before taking delivery ? Not a "not no mo" surprise when you get home and already signed your paperwork, leaving the costly option to add it on yourself ?

I'll bet you're not missing any of the asinine Easter eggs, though... I still flip off that stupid spider every time I fill up. Somehow that stupid little tid-bit made it through several staff meetings, paid a team to design the thing, paid a team to discuss what it would "say", paid a team to do the CAD work, paid a team to design the mold, paid a team to create the mold. Several approvals across several desks along the way until final production, of course.

But we gotta save money, let's not put in 12v outlets anymore. That spider was costly.
This trend continued into 2019. I just bought a 2019 Jeep Renegade Latitude and there is no power outlet in the rear storage area, nor a 2nd passenger side light. Also, as others, the front floor mat that should hold spills.foot debris, has those two holes that should attach to something on the floor to keep them from moving and to stop liquids from going directly to the floor board. To add to this, mine is missing the tonneau cover that was listed on window sticker. The posts in the sidewall are there though. Did purchase "Used" from the dealer with 3,481 miles.

·
Registered
340 Posts
This trend continued into 2019. I just bought a 2019 Jeep Renegade Latitude and there is no power outlet in the rear storage area, nor a 2nd passenger side light. Also, as others, the front floor mat that should hold spills.foot debris, has those two holes that should attach to something on the floor to keep them from moving and to stop liquids from going directly to the floor board. To add to this, mine is missing the tonneau cover that was listed on window sticker. The posts in the sidewall are there though. Did purchase "Used" from the dealer with 3,481 miles.
You said it, you bought used so you can't expect it to be NEW. I'm sure the dealer sold it to you in the condition he purchased the used vehicle.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'd be doing back flips if mine came with JUST the posts !! For about 200-300 bucks you could replace the tonneau cover and all is factory OEM. If I wanted mine to be factory OEM as far as tonneau cover, I'm looking at well over 2,000 dollars for all factory parts. I'm not talking rig-job install (mounting aftermarket posts in my existing panels, etc.), I'm talking factory look. New side panels, both sides, at 900 bucks EACH, the tonneau, the assorted cables and clips, etc., a handful of panels clips because they WILL break taking off your tailgate panel to install the cable clips, etc.. Mucho bucks.

Yep, I'd be happy with just the posts. Yours probably did have it when it was traded in, but someone was looking at another Jeep and it was missing the tonneau, so they snagged it out of yours. That's what happens with used vehicles. I bought mine used, the front license plate bracket was missing, the salesman pulled it off the front of the Renegade next to mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd be doing back flips if mine came with JUST the posts !! For about 200-300 bucks you could replace the tonneau cover and all is factory OEM. If I wanted mine to be factory OEM as far as tonneau cover, I'm looking at well over 2,000 dollars for all factory parts. I'm not talking rig-job install (mounting aftermarket posts in my existing panels, etc.), I'm talking factory look. New side panels, both sides, at 900 bucks EACH, the tonneau, the assorted cables and clips, etc., a handful of panels clips because they WILL break taking off your tailgate panel to install the cable clips, etc.. Mucho bucks.

Yep, I'd be happy with just the posts. Yours probably did have it when it was traded in, but someone was looking at another Jeep and it was missing the tonneau, so they snagged it out of yours. That's what happens with used vehicles. I bought mine used, the front license plate bracket was missing, the salesman pulled it off the front of the Renegade next to mine.
Yes sir! Mine was a "Dealer rental" so the tonneau cover should have been there as it does have the holders/pins coming out of the side panels, and with only 3,481 miles on it.There is no power plug and no wiring under the panel which was a "factory" issue. Completely baffled by the missing front passenger floor mat not having the hold-down pins/plugs. But do love my new Renegade Latitude!

·
Registered
996 Posts
You guys had me confused as a Tonneau cover for my boat is the PVC cover that goes over the boat and clipped down whilst travelling or sitting on the driveway as a weather protector.

A search revealed that is the "lid" in the boot area. £900 another post quoted just for the side panels to be renewed with appropriate bolts etc so no wonder as MudPie suggests it could come to around £2k.

My search found this recommendation: Click this red link

If that is what you guys are chatting about then I would be once again following MudPies advice and taking the cheaper route. :D(y)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts