Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an unfortunate incident where some idiot (me) didn't secure a bunch of yard waste properly in the trunk area. Some nasty, fermented grass clippings liquid quickly went throughout the rear and the carpet.

I managed to replace the rear seat today from a salvage yard, but I had to rip out the carpet and foam. It was all beyond saving, trust me.

But now, while I've got it exposed, anything I should think to do now vs later? And should I try a mopar replacement for the rear carpet area (front was spared), or is there another option I could look at? I have weather tech mats that cover most stuff, but that's not going to be enough come winter with snowy boots dripping in between those gaps. Thanks!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Unless you can get it from another salvage vehicle... You could just buy some cheap black automotive carpet and try to DIY. But that doesn't always look the greatest.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've looked around and haven't been able to find anywhere that does custom replacements for the Renegade. Looks like my best option is likely to pull from ebay/salvage a replacement. Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
You could just buy some cheap black automotive carpet and try to DIY. But that doesn't always look the greatest.
I am with Justin on this one. How often do we look at the carpeting as we enter the rear of other peoples cars?

Cheaper but thick foam (fire retardant) as your underlay/deafening and then some black carpet glued on top with contact adhesive will give a satisfactory repair. Especially if you perhaps still have the original smelly ones and can use it as a template.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I dont want any vehicle never mind my Jeep to sound like a "nighclub". Those days are long gone.:eek::cry::p

Give me a lovely quiet Jeep with low music :love::love::love:

·
Registered
570 Posts
To be honest, I'd bite the bullet and get OEM carpeting from an online seller, not the dealer. Yes, pricey, but it'll make your Jeep smell new again and it will look right. And after you realize how much it cost you'll never make the error again of trying to use your Renegade as a pick up truck....

Not the same wallet-punch, but my wife wore out her OEM carpeted floormats in her 2005 Jeep Liberty. I went the cheapie route at first, but those "guaranteed to fit" mats....don't. Constantly shifted and slid around. Bought OEM mats, they fit like, well, OEM. And for a few weeks her Jeep smelled new again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts