Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked in the book,but..
Does any body else have the rear defroster come om when they start the jeep?
It seems to always be on after we get in the jeep and start it.
It has been cold, is it automatic?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I've looked in the book,but..
Does any body else have the rear defroster come om when they start the jeep?
It seems to always be on after we get in the jeep and start it.
It has been cold, is it automatic?
Yes, it is automatic. The defroster will come on when the temp gets around 37f or 2.7c. Also, you may see an ice warning on the dash. The warning light looks like a road with a snowflake on it. Unfortunately the light on the dash will stay on until the outside temp warms up but you can shut off the defroster.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rear defrost

I live on Long Island, NY, I have noticed that when the temp falls below 35 that when I start my Jeep that the rear defrost automatically comes on. Is there a way to change this? If there is no frost on my rear window why do I need the rear defrost to come on? I do keep my heat blowing out of the front defrost all the time, this way I don't have the warm air blowing right in my face. Also is the rear defrost supposed to shut off automatically when the window is warm enough?

·
Registered
302 Posts
The rear window defroster comes on at startup when the outside temp is below 40°. After 20 minutes it will shut off or you can press the button and turn it off manually. I've found no way to change this setting.... sorry.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the conformation it's due to the temp.
I wish I could have found it in the owers book
I had to check the build sheet to see if I had heated mirrors, I do.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I wish we could get remote start here.:crying:
I have remote start and don't use it. Too many people don't understand that it is illegal in many places to have your car running without you in it. I also see a lot of people who complain about poor gas mileage not realizing that any time your car is idling and not moving it is calculating your mileage to 0.

Check the laws in your state to see if it is legal or not to leave your car running without you in it.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have remote start and don't use it. Too many people don't understand that it is illegal in many places to have your car running without you in it. I also see a lot of people who complain about poor gas mileage not realizing that any time your car is idling and not moving it is calculating your mileage to 0.

Check the laws in your state to see if it is legal or not to leave your car running without you in it.
My Hammer pants wearing hipster doofus neighbor likes to remotely start his Ghetto Bentley (Chrysler 300) every morning whatever the temperature may be. Lets it idle merrily for 10 minutes before he shows his face. For a lone wolf bank robber the feature may make sense. I can see the liability issues concerning a motor vehicle running without an operator behind the wheel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.