Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 2015 Limited 1.4 4x4 I changed oil in AT9 gerabox (partially and no filter replace) at 60,000 km (~40K m).
No matter what modern manuals say I usually change fluids in all transmission parts at such mileage in all 4x4 cars.
I could not find how to change fluids in PTU, rear axle clutch (GKN) and diff.
The local dealers just say these parts are "lifetime sealed" which cannot be true - I've seen oils from various gears after 30-40K miles they always contain wear products and look muddy.

The "unofficial" repair shops say rear diff oil change is an extremely difficult procedure it takes 1 hour driving in "Snow" mode and then immediate parking at flat perfectly levelled ground and setting the level with a caliper wherein maximum tolerance is 2mm of level. I wouldn't rely on a common shop mechanic worker to be able to fully perform such a procedure.

PTU fluid can be flushed through the filler plug as they say which shouldn't be a problem.
And no one knows about GKN clutch how to oil service that one.

Please advise if anyone here is just as concerned about these transmission parts and possibly has done some research already. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,708 Posts
As far as the rear diff it is very easy it has a drain and a fill plug on it.
We did it 4 months ago on a club member TH.
We removed the cover to check the gears & parts than cleaned it with break cleaner, RTV it back on filled it and off he went. Look under you Jeep and you can see the plugs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts