Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear fluid worked when I first got the vehicle, however after about a month it no longer sprays. Front works fine, I don’t hear anything when I hold the button to spray the rear windshield. I tried holding it awhile thinking maybe it’s got air in the line or just needed a minute but nothing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My rear fluid worked when I first got the vehicle, however after about a month it no longer sprays. Front works fine, I don’t hear anything when I hold the button to spray the rear windshield. I tried holding it awhile thinking maybe it’s got air in the line or just needed a minute but nothing. Any ideas?
Frozen Maybe? Front Nozzles thaw easier since they are closer to a heat source (Engine) Rear Nozzle is on it's own.
Line/Nozzle Obstructed?
I'm assuming you checked and made sure you had Fluid.

Could be Bad Pump Motor, although I've owned many different cars in my 57 years and never seen one fail.
Last but not least, Check to see if there's a Fuse for the rear pump, Might be blown.
Good Luck

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
845 Posts
I believe there is no rear pump. The single pump assembly has an impeller and valving that sends the fluid to the front or the rear depending on the direction of rotation of the pump motor. The motor is on the side of the tank. With the engine off and the ignition in the accessory position, a second person may be able to hear if the pump is running when the rear window wash is enabled.

Attached is a pdf regarding troubleshooting the Renegade wiper/washer system.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
Quite a few causes and most have been mentioned in the above 2 posts.

To add another, what about a disconnected hose line or a break in the line. Are you seeing any wet patches in the Jeep or smelling a slight mouldiness within the Jeep?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Quite a few causes and most have been mentioned in the above 2 posts.

To add another, what about a disconnected hose line or a break in the line. Are you seeing any wet patches in the Jeep or smelling a slight mouldiness within the Jeep?
This happened to my 2017 Trailhawk and it turned out be a disconnected hose. Very simple fix .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our 2017 did the same. It ended being a plugged filter at the rear window sprayer nozzle in the spoiler. The only way to get to it is to remove the rear spoiler. This is done by removing the inside rear tailgate cover. My was done by the dealer beacuse it was still under warranty. Unfortunately the plugged filter was not covered, but all the panel retaining clips they broke were covered. The dealer broke a few while dong the repair. I took it back 5 times for broken clips and rattles. You can bypass the filter with some tubing.

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
The only way to get to it is to remove the rear spoiler. This is done by removing the inside rear tailgate cover but all the panel retaining clips they broke were covered. The dealer broke a few while dong the repair. I took it back 5 times for broken clips and rattles. You can bypass the filter with some tubing.
This is a really easy job to remove the tailgate cover and will only take 5 minutes. I have removed mine to insert large LED lights. My post is on the forum somewhere.

Though I didn't break any clips you can buy a packet of them from Ebay quite literally for pennies so never worry about breaking them.

There is also a tutorial on the forum giving precise instructions on how to remove the panel.(y)(y)

Click the link for tailgate cover removal:

Tailgate cover removal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.