Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that above the rear glass there is a 3/16" gap between the rear glass and the rear spoiler. This collects a lot of dirt and debris. Is there suppose to be a molding here? Anyone else had any issues with this?

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
A bit tough to tell from the picture, but I think you have a problem.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
845 Posts
My 2015 TH looks just like that. Never noticed anything getting in there, but there is a good gap between the window glass and the hatch metal.

I believe the previous poster is looking at the reflection of the overhanging spoiler in the glass and thinking that is the problem.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My '15 TH looks the same. It's a dust catcher. Nothing gets in the Jeep, but it's something you have to keep after for appearance sake when you wash it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I checked my '15 Latitude... pretty even 3/16" gap all around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may try and get some rubber vacuum tubing and try to fill the gap. I'm a little worried that if moisture and dirt collect there it could rust. I just thought it was odd to have that big of a gap without some kind of molding.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I'd be careful. Putting rubber in there might retain moisture and promote a rusting problem.

Take a look at other Renegades on the lot. If they look like yours does, then it's likely okay.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yeah, I think all renegades have that weird gap around the front and rear window. It is a dust collector. Not sure why they didn't do a rubber trim like most cars, but I'm sure there is some kind of sealer that directs the water around and out the bottom.

It's a pain to clean that's for sure.

jjp

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Maybe it is a pain to clean, but if they put rubber trim there and it turned out to be a moisture trap, complaints would have aplenty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts