Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all does anyone have a rear mounted bike rack ?

If so could you tell me where from and how it all fits I'm guessing it comes of a possible tow bar but not sure ?? any help
Will be appreciated cheers ??

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks peeps for your answers o see the point about the wiper I was hoping to do the one which hangs off the tow bar so it avoids touching the jeep completely ??
Tow-bar manufactures do attachments for bike racks .. try YouTube

Witter do a few ... the twitter tow bar for the Reny will be available soon ..

I'm waiting to fit one ( 2 weeks ) I will post when all done ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwr9Kp-BwY8

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a question concerning the Hollywood rack solution. I have a rack (Saris) that is similar to this and it looks like the top strap connects to the leading edge of the rear spoiler. But, it seems as if this is made out of plastic not metal. Any ideas / thoughts?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a question concerning the Hollywood rack solution. I have a rack (Saris) that is similar to this and it looks like the top strap connects to the leading edge of the rear spoiler. But, it seems as if this is made out of plastic not metal. Any ideas / thoughts?
I have the Hollywood rack. If you use the hatch anchors, they (the straps) may touch slightly as they exit the hatch. If need be, the spoiler clearance frame can be rotated to bring the straps above the spoiler. You also have the option of relocating the top 2 strap buckles higher on that part of the frame.

I have my rack connected to the crossbars for the top connections. I just have to remember to turn off the front wipers, if I'm backing up and have the rack installed.

I also looked at the Saris, and I found nothing that looks like the Hollywood. I also tried installing my previous Yakima bike rack; but, it wouldn't go high enough so that the straps weren't applying downward pressure.

Your comment about is it made out of plastic and not metal, if you're talking the Hollywood rack, it's all metal.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Your comment about is it made out of plastic and not metal, if you're talking the Hollywood rack, it's all metal.
I was referring to the spoiler.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Finally got around to fitting the Witter ZX503 today!

There was a bit of a fuss to get the rear plate off to access the hidden socket and power plug - a lot of road dirt and gravel accumulated under the fastenings.

Found the Towing-ball hidden under the spare wheel in the boot - so it took a while to unscrew the retaining bolt, to let me lift up the spare wheel, to get to it - but it fits solidly together.

The Witter is mounted on little trolley wheels, so you just trundle it into position, grab it by some numbered handles, and lift it into position, where it "clunks" on and grips nicely. Opening it up is just a case of pressing various numbered levers and buttons, and it sits at a nice height.

The whole unit folds vertically flat for parking, and comes with a set of lights and a registration plate board - all good to go!

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.