Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
The rear seats fold down without removing the head rests.
I agree on everyone's points. The rear headrests are very difficult to remove, and impossible if you don't know to press the small "button" with a screw driver. And yes you can fold down the rear seats with the headrests on, but if you're tall, like me, you have to slide the front seats forward to an uncomfortable (dangerous,) point to make it work. I always remove the rear headrests when the seats need to be folded down.

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
The headrests if lowered till they are tight against the rear backrest are still a tight fit when they are in the horizontal position. I am not a tall person by any means and I am very lucky that my exact driving position allows the lowered headrest to sitbehind me.

In Seans case it must be a nightmare to be slightly longer in the leg and I know he will be be uncomfortable if the headrest is not removed.

Anyway, I dont mind the outside of my Jeep getting dirty but I want the inside to be very clean at all times. I hate carrying wood and getting all the "skelf's" stuck in the rear headrest ;)

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade
3 Posts
Very useful information, thanks everyone! My wife is busy packing the car ready for a camping trip (she is fairly well trained!), and asked me to check the forum to see if it was possible to remove the head-rests...and (as usual) the forum gave me the answer.

It took us a few seconds to find the fiddly bit that needed to be pushed in...but once we found it, it was a piece of cake.

Upshot is, a happy wife :)

Now it's off to the sunny uplands of Scotland...

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
OMFG, we Scots built a wall to stop the English invading our country yet still they come.

I'm a Lowlander but wait till the mad ginger haired Highlanders with their kilts get a hold of you and try to feed you to the Loch Ness Monster as a snack :whistle::whistle:😂😂😂

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm vertically challenged myself, so I have room to lay the rear seats down with the headrest installed, but I have to remove them to get our two e-bikes in my TH on either side of the back with the front wheels removed. The forks fit nicely between the folded rear setback and the back of the front seat. Thanks for telling me how to remove the headrests.
1623271658918.png

21 - 27 of 27 Posts