Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Was wondering if the rear seat lever/button, that allows the seats to fold down is easy to get to from the rear hatch.

I currently have a 2011 Jeep compass and in order to "fold down" the seats I have to open each rear door and pull the handle.

Thanks,

"G"

·
Registered
49 Posts
Since the base platform is the Fiat 500L, and many of the interior features mentioned as available in the Renegade, are also standard in the 500L, I think it is safe to speculate a bit that Jeep did not re-invent the wheel and took some functional queues from Fiat. No guarantees, but it makes business sense.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I do not see any quick release buttons in this picture of the rear cargo area, however its more than likely the release hatch will or could be on top of the seats. Unless its those little things in those challes cut into the sidewalls down by the cargo floor...

·
Registered
104 Posts
The back seat releases are usally straps sticking forward from the rear seats and like your Compass you need to open the rear doors to fold the seats. The 5 Jeeps I've owned with foldable rear seats have all been this way except for the Commander, it had levers due to the way it folded. You would think that Jeep would probably stay with this style however as said being this is going to be a regurgitated Fiat and the rear area is so short you might be able to reach it from the hatch.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I do not see any quick release buttons in this picture of the rear cargo area, however its more than likely the release hatch will or could be on top of the seats. Unless its those little things in those challes cut into the sidewalls down by the cargo floor...

hmmmmm, and why is the vertical panel insert on the driver's side different than the one on the passenger's side?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Seems like it's set up like that for different purposes, give people some good options to carry what ever they have maybe.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Hi,

Was wondering if the rear seat lever/button, that allows the seats to fold down is easy to get to from the rear hatch.

I currently have a 2011 Jeep compass and in order to "fold down" the seats I have to open each rear door and pull the handle.

Thanks,

"G"

@gbridge at least if you upgrade to the Renegade, there's a good chance it will have this feature!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts